Organization: British Red Cross
EMPLOYER: British Red Cross
TITLE: Regional Officer- MENA
LOCATION: Moorgate, London
SALARY: Circa GBP 28000
The British Red Cross (BRC) helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies. We enable vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. Once the crisis is over, we help them in their recovery and rehabilitation.
As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest independent humanitarian network, the British Red Cross is bound by, and committed to its fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Do you want to work as part of the biggest humanitarian organisation globally?
We are looking for an experienced Regional Officer to join our MENA team based in our London- Moorgate Office
Reporting to the Head of Region for the Middle East, North Africa and the Mediterranean (MENAMED), you will play a key part in the effective coordination and mobilisation of resources in UKO to support the delivery of regional and country strategies.
As Regional Officer, you will:
- Support the Head of Region in the development, monitoring and reporting of regional and country strategies, and new regional/ country projects and initiatives.
- Act as a UK Regional focal point for overseas country teams, facilitating engagement and information flow with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the regional focal point for Fundraising and Communications.
- Support Head of Region and Disaster Management Coordinator with development and engagement of Red Cross Movement partnerships.
- Represent the regional team at internal and external meetings, conferences and other public engagements as required by Head of Region or Country Managers.
You will have a good understanding of the regional context and the international humanitarian system in addition to experience of working in international disaster response or development and working with remote teams.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience of compiling programme documents including proposals, donor proposals and reports.
- Experience of stakeholder management and working across multiple teams
- Experience of working with DFID, DEC and other donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including all basic MS office packages.
- Very good competency with spreadsheets and financial administration.
For further information please see the full Job Description here
To find out more about our staff benefits click here
In the British Red Cross, we will not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture of integrity in the organisation where misconduct is not tolerated, situations of abuse are quickly investigated, and perpetrators are dealt with effectively
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes criminal records checks on all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Connecting human kindness with human crisis