Organization:Sudanese Development Initiative
This position is for a highly motivated and skilled individual who would lead and develop our programs and partnerships in Darfur (currently in South and North Darfur). Reporting to the Managing Director (or whomever he/she designates) based in Khartoum, the post holder will provide overall project management for current and future initiatives in the region – managing and developing partnerships with different actors, monitoring programme delivery, attracting appropriate resources, and ensuring financial oversight. The position will be supported by a team of 3 to 4 full-time project staff who will be based in the region and who will work alongside local level partner CSOs and CBOs in the implementation of project activities at the field/locality levels.
- Oversee and execute implementation of all on-going and future projects in the region;
- Monitor, track and report on key indicators and milestones for projects and activities;
- Write and submit monthly/quarterly narrative reports on project progress and activities;
- Participate in and contribute to cross organizational work, document and gather lessons and best practices for replication to other projects and regions in the country;
- Participate in SUDIA events, training’s and meetings in-country as well as internationally
- Develop case studies and human-interest stories to illustrate project impact and learning
Leadership and Partnership development
- Lead on the development of projects for the region, building on existing efforts and relationships and with a focus on the organization’s thematic areas of work;
- Contribute to the organizations wider organisational strategy development by participating in strategic planning and other cross-organisational learning processes;E
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders such as but not limited to SUDIA strategic partners in the region, with the goal of furthering organizational learning, sharing best practices, creating synergy and creating greater impact and sustainability;
- Manage and nurture relationships with key actors, and state-level institutions, and local service providers;
- Develop and oversee partnerships based on SUDIA’s partnership principles.
- Coordinate and facilitate the work of consultants and/or service providers contracted to deliver services for the organization in the region;
- Build a high performing and motivated team to deliver collectively on project and programming objectives in the region.
- Provide on-the-job training to sub-ordinate staff as well as staff in partner organizations
- Contribute to budget development and act as budget holder in line with SUDIA organizational procedures for specific projects in the region;
- Ensure effective financial control and compliance with organisational policies and procedures and donor financial regulations.
- Undertake administrative/financial duties related to programmes and projects as might be needed for from time to time. as
WHAT YOU BRING
- A university degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Management or any other relevant field;
- Minimum of 3 years in management level position, with proven experience managing projects in development and/or peacebuilding/conflict prevention organizations, and in a conflict affected and logistically challenging environment;
- Experience in engaging and managing relationships with state actors and official regulatory bodies such as the Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC);
- Proven knowledge and experience on project planning, management and monitoring/evaluation;
- Experience of working in partnership with local organizations, NGOs and other civil society networks;
- Financial management experience, including overseeing financial procedures, and budget management and monitoring;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to represent the organization at high level for a;
- Experience of working remotely and under difficult circumstances;
- Well-rounded knowledge of Darfur context and actors;
- Resident in Darfur and able to travel.
Bonus if you have
- • Knowledge of SUDIA and the operating environment for non-governmental organizations in Sudan;
- • Experience of building active partnerships with local organizations, and strengthening and working through effective civil society networks;
- • Experience managing and motivating staff at all levels;
- • Experience in training and facilitation;
- • Residency in Nyala, South Darfur State
To apply for the position, all applicants meeting the requirements are requested to complete and submit the onlineApplication form.