Position: Regional Programme Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Application Deadline: 03.01.2021
Duration: Full time for 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Start Date: 1 March 2021 or earlier
The Regional Director is the leader of one of SPARK’s regional hubs and is accountable for all programmes and projects executed in Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and Liberia. We look for a seasoned people manager to guide current activities and staff as well as somebody with an entrepreneurial and innovative attitude to facilitate growth.
The Regional Director is the direct people manager to the country managers of Burundi, South Sudan and Liberia, the programme managers in Rwanda, and the the regional support team in the regional hub. In addition, the RPD is directly managing the Rwanda country office. He/she reports to the Director of Programmes and is an active member of SPARK’s Core Team dealing with organisation and programme related strategic planning.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and oversee Country Managers to ensure that programmes in the region are implemented within budget and meet agreed KPIs as per agreement with donors and partner organizations. Stimulate impact oriented implementation and adapt programme interventions approaches based on context changes.
- Provide Leadership and Management to the overall and day-to-day operations of the Rwanda projects to ensure an efficient and effective high-impact implementation (achieving the planned project goals, deliverables, tasks, costs and deadlines).
- Ensure timely and quality technical and financial reporting as per the scheme and instruments concluded with the Donor and Project Partners.
Relationship management and Resource mobilization:
- · Establish networks and partnerships with national/regional/international government institutions, funders/donors, UN agencies and
- ·Other organisations working in related fields, spearhead public and private sector collaboration, fundraising and programme development in the Region. Actively develop new program ideas and identify, create and follow up on the leads with the Acquisition Team.
- · Maintain and expands strong relations with existing key donors and strategic partners in the region.
- · Represent SPARK and its programmes and advocate in different country and regional forums for (agri) entrepreneurship and economic opportunities and further grow SPARK’s visibility and profile in the region.
- · Provide input to the overall SPARK strategy on regional level as well as general policy input for the multi-year strategic plan adjustment and annual plans
- · Streamline the efficient and effective operation in the region, if needed by clarifying roles and responsibilities, guiding and growing senior staff in their role, and fine-tuning procedures.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, including significant experience in (agri-) entrepreneurship/SME development and job creation.
- Academic degree in relevant discipline.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and proven track record in program development and acquisition.
- Experience with large multi-donor, multi-country, multi-year programmes.
- Proven experience in (digital) SME and/or rural financing and in youth and woman inclusion are an added value;
- A people centric attitude and experience in managing teams with members of diverse backgrounds.
- · Tactful, excellent communication, presentation and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- · Ability to identify and tackle (culturally) sensitive matters;
- · Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- High energy, flexible, pro-active and service minded;
- Experience working and living in Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Full professional proficiency in English. French is an asset.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience and full time local contract (40h/per week) between 4000-5000 EUR gross per month. In addition, a housing allowance (around 500 EUR) and an international health insurance is provided.
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org. For further questions, you can contact Esther Bosgra through email@example.com
Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/291
The deadline for application is 3rd of January 2021. Reference: Regional Programme Director.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK’s mission is to offer access to higher education and support entrepreneurship development in fragile states so that young, ambitious people can lead their societies into stability and prosperity.
Founded in 1994 SPARK is an independent, not-for-profit international development organisation with more than 100 staff working in seventeen countries. SPARK is an international NGO, with a small central office in The Netherlands, a support office in Serbia and regional offices in Turkey, Rwanda and Tunisia. SPARK also has country offices in Burundi, South Sudan, Liberia, Iraq, KRG, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Somalia and Libya.