The West and Central Africa Regional Project Manager – Child Protection in Emergencies Professional Development Programme will work to protect children in emergencies through the adaptation, rollout & delivery of the West and Central Africa Child Protection in Emergencies Professional Development Programme (WCA CPiE PDP).
The WCA CPiE Professional Development Programme is one of the key component of a Sub Saharan Africa Project, which goal is that all children affected by armed conflicts are adequately protected from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation. It aims at addressing the complex risks and needs of children affected by armed conflict, building on global standards, guidelines and expertise.
Building on the successful capacity building model developed by Save the Children and now established in the Asia Pacific, Eastern and Southern Africa and Middle East and Eastern Europe regions, the WCA CPiE PDP will raise national & regional CPiE response capacity. Using the results of a regional CPiE Capacity Gap Analysis and the CPiE Mapping & Market Analysis data, a comprehensive CPiE capacity building initiative will be designed to meet the priority needs of organisations and individuals responding on the ground.
Key activities will include working with other SCI stakeholders to identify an appropriate sustainable business model for the programme in the region, adapting existing content to the WCA context, recruiting a regional facilitation team, the design & rollout of a six-month blended learning programme with explicit linkages to the global CPiE PDP capacity building portfolio as well as any relevant regional initiatives.
The Child Protection in Emergencies Professional Development Programme
The Child Protection in Emergencies Professional Development Programme draws on Save the Children’s extensive experience in building child protection capacity. The 6-month, interagency programme strengthens specific competencies in the following areas:
* Core child protection in emergencies concepts & frameworks
* Child protection in emergencies risks
* Child protection in emergencies approaches
* Relevant cross-cutting themes
* Child protection in emergencies & capacity strengthening
* Child protection in emergencies infrastructure
We are looking for a Regional Project Manager to – based on the existing content & experiences from the CPIE PDP across the globe and the findings from a) The WCA CPiE Capacity Gap Analysis and b) The CPiE Capacity Building Mapping & Market Analysis – adapt & implement an WCA Child Protection in Emergencies Professional Development Programme, thereby increasing child protection in emergencies capacity sector-wide, and raising immediate response capability in West and Central Africa.
- Working background in the field of protection, child protection, education, international law or humanitarian aid.
- Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, Human rights Law, Development Studies, Gender Studies or similar (undergraduate degree may be considered in conjunction with equivalent field experience;
- Demonstrated extensive experience in strategy and programme development.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent project management experience with proven experience of managing complex cross-organisational projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Budgeting, financial management skills gained through demonstrated budget-holding responsibilities.
- Experience in working remotely and in building strong collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining productive working partnerships.
- A good understanding of adult learning and work place learning methodology.
- A good understanding of Child protection/child protection in emergencies programming and/or humanitarian programming
- Proven experience in the management & evaluation of learning and development programmes.
- Fluent in French with excellent writing, communications and networking skills in English.
- Good knowledge of WCA context and particularly the Sahel region context
- Office and Excel computer skills and online learning platforms such as Kaya.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to bring out the best in people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of working in humanitarian settings, in particular working with child protection in emergencies.
- Academic degree or equivalent experience in relevant area, for example, social work, adult learning or global/humanitarian studies.
- Experience in using the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action as well as other humanitarian standards.
- Experience of working on an accredited learning programme or working with a university or professional standards organization.
- Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Experience of Distance Learning technology and methodology.
Contract length: 02 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Qi5GYXllLjA4NTAwLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…