REPORTING SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL WRITING
Learn How To Easily Create And Deliver Reports That Lead To Action
- Do You Spend Too Much Time Reporting?
- Do Your Reports Support Effective Decision-Making?
- Are You Missing Lessons Learned – And Opportunities For Your Projects Perform Better?
Reporting Can Be Time-Consuming, Hard Work
But as development professionals, it’s also an important part of our responsibilities, and the basis for any effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Sharing system. Without a solid process for reporting, we often put it off. It sits like a black cloud on the horizon, until it suddenly becomes urgent – and we are rushing to put it all together to meet a deadline.
And there’s a lot to manage – understanding the objectives, selecting the right methods to collect data, analysing that data, planning, drafting, editing, and, ultimately, persuading … and so many steps where things can go off-track. No wonder we often lose time staring at a screen wondering what to write, looking for the ‘right word’, making false starts, or just putting it off until the last minute.
Poor Reporting Leads To Bad Decision-Making …
And even when the report is complete, if we didn’t follow a systematic approach, we can never be sure that we captured the real picture.
Reports are a basis for effective decision making. Poor quality reports lead to poor quality decisions that affect project success, and can even misinform an organisation’s strategy. If the information coming in isn’t a clear picture of what’s really happening, then you can’t take the right actions for project success.
… Repeated Mistakes And Missed Opportunities
A key part of reporting is capturing lessons learned – learning what went right and what went wrong, how to build on our success and how to avoid the mistakes of the past. When we don’t learn those lessons, we miss opportunities to better serve our stakeholders – and lose donor support.
A PROCESS FOR REPORTING
Let us give you a road map for reporting so that you caneasily and consistentlyturn out reports that:
- Support gooddecision-making
- Capture importantlessons learned
- Are asolid basis for Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Sharing
Imagine having a process that you could follow, time after time, so that you could:
- Easilyset reporting objectivesand select the most appropriatedata collectionmethods
- Analyse the dataanddraw conclusions / identify lessons learned
And having the tools to:
- Plan your writingaround the report objectives and reader’s needs
- Organise your ideasin a logical, persuasive way
- Communicate clearlyand in a way that keeps your readers interested and alert
- Edit like a professional
Thispracticaltraining course will teach you all of this and more.
About This Course
Thisflexible, self-paced, practicalcourse will teach you how to:
- Reduce wasted time and deadline stress
- Create more impactful writing– impressing managers and donors
- Persuade your readersto take action and support good project decision making
Clear, Straightforward & Practical
This is a practical course. It’s based on over 20 years training development professionals like you to write more effective reports – field reports, evaluations and research.
While templates and examples will go a certain way to helping you understand, you willlearn through practical application. Applying the steps and tools in this course will ensure:
- You will always know what to doeach time you report
- Your reports will takeless time, areless stressfuland ofhigher quality
- Your reports will beactionable– contributing to better managed, more responsive projects and better results
Tools You Can Apply Every Time
While you will get all the theory you need, we want you to learn the steps and tools in a way thatyou can apply time after timeafter the course is over.
You will also learn somekey tools and tipsyou won’t find anywhere else – such as how to adjust your writing style to different readers, or how to develop a collaborative report with your whole team.
We know development practice can often be very confusing. We take current best-practice and explain it in themost clear way possible– cutting through to what’s important in ways you can understand and apply.
What’s In The Course?
The course addresses the key challenges faced by development professionals in reporting and professional writing in a way that allows for maximum practical work.
You will learn astep-by-step methodyou can use every time you have to report. This practical course will teach you how to:
- Set clear reporting objectives
- Gather, analyse and understand** the data collected
- Plan, draft and edityour report clearly, concisely and persuasively so it gets results
Learn How To Accelerate Your Productivity Through Mind Mapping
We are also going to teach youhow to Mind Mapusing Mindjet’s game-changing software to drastically increase your ability to manage and analyse complex information.
For 20 years we have taught people how to integrate this tool at every stage of reporting, project planning and proposal writing to better:
- Plan projects
- Gather and organise data
- Analyse information
- Plan and draft their writing
This is somethingyou won’t learn anywhere elseand will transform the way you work.
How It Works
This is a step-by-step course full ofshort, clear and practical videos,examples, exercises,discussions and tasks, along with all the reference materials you will need – all downloadable so you don’t miss a thing.
The course is self-paced – which means youwork at your own speed, giving you enough time to actually test out what you learn and seek support if you have any issues. Including the tasks, it should take30 – 40 hoursto fully complete the course.
PERSONAL WORK REVIEW
When you reach the end of the course you also getone-to-one, personal feedbackon your report, via email or live chat (downloadable for future reference).
Why Study Online With Us?
When considering Reporting Skills training, there are many benefits that make online study with ELD a practical, economic, flexible and effective investment, such as:
- Downloadable lesson videosyou can always refer to so you don’t miss a thing
- No travel costs– no hotels, planes and daily expenses to budget for
- Flexible & practical learning –work at your own pace without interrupting your work or ongoing projects
- Our 20-yeartrack record of successhelping development professionals like you better communicate their project results and success, keeping their donors happy in the process.
395 USD for Lifetime Course Access, Personal Work Review (One-to-one, personal feedback on your writing) and Certificate
See the full course curriculum and enroll at:https://eldtraining.teachable.com/p/reporting-skills-professional-writing