Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for the Prequalification of Service Providers of Sodium Hypochlorite Production Plants
Beneficiary country(ies): Syrian Arab Republic
Registration level: Basic
Published on: 31-Mar-2021
Deadline on: 20-Apr-2021 15:30 (GMT 3.00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Syria country office invites expressions of interest for the building/construction of sodium hypochlorite production plants (whether to function on public power system, generators, solar panels etc).
Expressions of interest are invited from highly skilled companies registered in both Syria and outside Syria capable to operate within Syria either directly or through joint venture arrangements.
UNICEF is seeking companies to respond to this Request for Expression of Interest – REOI, for the prequalification of service providers of sodium hypochlorite production plants. This REOI will lead to a Request for Proposal (RFP) issued to prequalified companies which will result in the establishment of Institutional Contracts with successful vendor (s).
Description of requirements
- Construction of one or multiple Sodium Hypochlorite Production Units in Syria capable of producing about 12.000 l/day of sodium hypochlorite at 150 g/l of active chlorine through electrolysis processes.
- The production of sodium hypochlorite is carried out by membrane electrolysis, followed by absorption.
The produced sodium hypochlorite will need to be “packaged” for distribution to water treatment plants.
The expected services from the potential qualified service providers/construction firms include but not limited to:
- • Construction of Sodium Hypochlorite Plants (with the mechanical and electrical equipment of the production plant made of high quality, durable and economically efficient products. High quality materials with an outstanding corrosion protection (this includes special plastics, stainless steel and titanium) etc.
- • Commissioning of the Plants
- • Provision of Training on Commissioning of the Plants.
Only entities that fulfill these mandatory requirements will be considered eligible for the whole screening process:
- ● Registered and incorporated as a private company in a Syria or in joint venture with a duly registered private company in Syria
- ● Being a specialized company in the field of sodium hypochlorite production plant with a proven experience of at least 3 years
- ● Capable of building sodium hypochlorite production plants of the same prototype as indicated above (plant to produce about 12,000 l/day of sodium hypochlorite at 150 g/l of active chlorine through electrolysis processes).
Submission of expression of interest
Interested construction contracting firms are requested to submit Application for Prequalification (AFP) in sealed envelope as per AFP requirements. The applications of construction contracting firms will be strictly evaluated according to the AFP document.
RFP document copy can be picked by interested firms during office hours from 31 March till 07 April 2021 or request electronic copy by contacting Ms. Rasha Hassan, email: email@example.com. Tel: + (963 11) 6122592/3/4
Deadline for queries: 13 April 2021
The address for the submission of Proposals is;
- • UNICEF Office in East Mazzeh, Al Shafiee St., Bldg 2
- • and/or through secured email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the closing date is 20 April 2021 at 15:30 Hours.
AFP received after closing date/time will be rejected.
For any clarification, do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Hamsa AlArab, email: email@example.com . Tel: + (963 11) 6122592/3/4
This REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNICEF does not require bids or proposals at this stage; this request is merely seeking an expression of interest in participating in the tender.
A response to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure that submitting companies will be selected to participate in the subsequent Request for Proposals.
UNICEF reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the REOI and/or solicitation process. UNICEF also reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender/RFPS document.
If you have any additional questions about this REOI, please submit questions through this FORM. Answers to all questions submitted will be shared publicly.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.