Organization: Sayara Strategies
Sayara Research works for the benefit of Afghanistan by providing the government, the international community, civil society and the private sector with the information that they need to make a difference. We provide our clients with research, assessment, and monitoring and evaluation services to inform more effective strategies and better decision making based on scientific evidence. Our analytical products measure the outputs, outcomes and impacts of development projects, and provide actionable recommendations for impactful intervention.
Our strength comes from our adherence to our core values, our unparalleled expertise in research methodologies, the deep experience of our team, and the national reach of our field force. We constantly innovate to create research designs that are customized to answer our clients’ questions. By applying social science to understand Afghanistan’s complex environment, we find practical solutions to difficult problems.
Overview of the Position:
We are seeking an accomplished researcher with at least 3 years of experience and progressive management responsibility. Advanced training (Master’s Degree or Ph.D.) in quantitative, qualitative and mixed research methodologies is preferred. Qualified candidates should demonstrate capacity to lead the design and implementation of research and monitoring and evaluation projects.
The selected candidate must demonstrate high aptitude for successfully completing all stages in the research process. She or he should have a proven track record of taking ownership of all aspects of research project management, writing proposals, developing research questions, designing questionnaires, research instruments and population samples, managing fieldwork, analyzing quantitative and qualitative datasets, writing reports in English on research findings and presenting the results directly to the client. The Research Analyst will report directly to the Director of Operations. He or she will work with senior management to develop best practices for managing social science research projects and build the capacity of local and international staff, including coaching and mentoring staff to meet the highest social science standards for research projects.
The selected candidate will have strong communication skills in the English and experience working with international organizations on research and monitoring and evaluation projects. Experience conducting research focused on social and economic development, stabilization and /or gender equity is a strong plus.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Research Analyst is expected to:
· Develop new business by supporting / leading the development of technical proposals
· Develop research plans, research instruments and sampling design, qualitative and quantitative analysis and interpretation, reporting and dissemination of research findings on time, on budget, and with high quality
· Undertake, and support others to design and undertake quantitative and qualitative data analysis
· Engage proactively and collaboratively with field-team and support team
· Represent Sayara Research in front of internal stakeholders and clients
· Support personal development of staff as well as motivation and technical support.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, and experience of designing and managing mixed methods research in support of practical outcomes in a volatile environment
· Strong quantitative data analysis using SPSS or similar statistical software, including multivariate analysis
· Strong qualitative analysis including use of qualitative analysis software
· Experience of undertaking or managing fieldwork and adapting methods to challenging and resource-constrained conditions
· Experience of conducting and applying research to support practical outcomes
· Project management skills, including planning, budget and resource management
· Experience of delivering research training and building research capacity both in person and remotely
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to colleagues who are not experts in research
· Experience managing staff including technical research oversight, personal development and performance management
· Strong presentation skills and experience of adapting oral and written research outputs to present in non-technical language to diverse audiences from grassroots to senior levels
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage appropriately with various audiences
· Track record of delivering research findings on time, on budget and to a high standard
· Excellent written and fluent spoken English (mother tongue preferred)
This is an expat position.
The Research Analyst will work closely with and report to the Director of Operations.
The Research Analyst will be offered a one (1) year Employment Contract, with a four (4) month probation period and the option for renewal, based on the discretion of, and mutual agreement between Sayara Research and the Research Analyst.
This position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Please send your CV, a cover letter that indicates from where you heard about the position, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Sayara International is an equal opportunity employer.