Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies.
We are looking for Research Analyst to focus on nutrition- and gender-sensitive agriculture projects. Previous experience working on gender, nutrition, or agriculture projects, as well as with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, are a plus.
Project Management & Coordination responsibilities
- Develop and manage tasks and timelines and report to Embedded Research Advisor on progress, issues, and potential causes of delay;
- Convene internal team meetings with Laterite and relevant stakeholders to review and coordinate the implementation of ME&L activities;
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to the management team – including financial, budgetary, HR and related tasks;
- Synthesize information from existing evidence, secondary data and government policies;
- Provide technical support to strengthen client’s internal M&E systems and capabilities;
- Contribute to all steps of monitoring and evaluation activities, from research design to final analysis and write-ups of quantitative and qualitative research;
- Document tools, processes and best practices to facilitate the accumulation and dissemination of ME&L knowledge; and,
- Draft reports and project deliverables to communicate findings. Contribute to writing policy briefs, reports, blog posts, and academic articles
Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors;
- At least 2 years of experience on development, ME&L or impact evaluations. Experience in Agriculture, Gender or Nutrition projects is strongly preferred;
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills: proficiency in STATA is a must (R and/or Python are a plus)
Additionally, we welcome:
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, CommCare)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; Working knowledge of Swahili and/or French is a strong plus;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- An eye for detail and the ability to thrive by taking ownership and initiative.
- Experience living and working in low-income countries
How to apply
Full job descriptions and more information on how to apply: http://bit.ly/RA-KE-Feb2021