Currently recruiting for start date:Monday 25th February 2019.
Commitment: Four to Six months.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of an Intern at AAPP:
- Producing AAPP’s monthly chronology report (a report documenting and analyzing political prisoner developments in Burma)
- Researching and drafting articles for publication
- Editing Burmese-English language translations from Burmese news sources
- Cross-referencing sources for accuracy
- Compiling and finalizing monthly statistics in cooperation with AAPP staff members
- Updating and creating political prisoner profiles
- Independent research overseen by Human Rights Officer. Research topic delegated based on intern interests which align with AAPP’s work
- English language capacity building with local staff
- Assisting on Grant Proposals when required
- Various administrative tasks.
- Strong interest in Burma and Burmese politics
- Tenacity for research
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong editing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under your own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Minimum commitment of five days a week for atleastfour months.
- 3,500 Thai Baht living stipend per month for the duration of the intern’s stay
- A bicycle
Tentative Start date: – Monday 25th February 2019. If you are unable to start work on this date, please do not apply. Any applications stating a later start date will not be considered.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter (no more than two pages) firstname.lastname@example.org later than 31st January. Please be sure to include your estimated start date and length of intended stay.
**Due to the number of applications, if you have not been contacted by 1st February, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.