Organization: US Institute of Peace
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
We are a nonpartisan institute chartered by Congress to tackle the world’s toughest problems. Working in conflict zones around the world, our staff advise and support the military, government officials and community leaders – to promote knowledge and practices that prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers. The Institute is headquartered in Washington DC with staff working in 22 different countries, at any given time up to 20% of the staff could be deployed working in the field.
The Research Assistant will Provide research and support for the Inclusive Societies Unit at USIP’s Center for Applied Conflict Transformation.
USIP’s Research Assistant program is administered through the Consortium of Universities in the greater Washington Metropolitan area. Any full-time university student in the Washington area is eligible for these openings.
Work Schedule: An average of 20 hours per week
Expected Project Dates: Spring 2019 (March 1- June 30)
Pay Rate: $13.25 – $14.00
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of an online course of Peace Mediation
- Assist in planning and supporting the development of training materials based on previous USIP toolkits and new materials
- Assist in identifying, inviting and guiding guest lecturers and speakers for the online mediation course
- Research multimedia material (podcasts, videos) relevant to the online course
- Assist with formatting and centralizing all training materials
- Liaising with different teams and contractors to implement and review the final version
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a full-time university student
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience editing and synthesizing professionally written pieces
- Ability to review, distill, and articulate themes relevant to peace process
- Experience with multimedia
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience supporting slide design/layout and content organization for formal presentations
- Some experience collecting and organizing basic data sets as well as data visualization
- A Masters student studying peacebuilding, conflict transformation / resolution / management, or mediation or another related subject
- Previous research and office experience required
- Familiarity with peace processes is preferred
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: