Under the supervision of the Clinical Site Coordinator, the Research Nurse will screen prospective participant’s study eligibility, obtain informed consents, coordinate study visit evaluations and procedures, administer vaccination or infusion therapy, complete case report forms, monitor and file adverse event reports related to study participation in COVID related grant funded research and HIV Prevention Trials Network research. S/he will participate in developing a quality management plan and oversee the site’s pharmacy coordination process with the study’s main research pharmacy. S/he will also be responsible for the collection, documentation, storing, and reporting of study data from participants in compliance with the study protocol and study specific procedures.
- Conduct all research activities in accordance with study protocol, standard operating procedures and other appropriate institutional regulations, procedures, and policies, including procedures to safeguard confidentiality of study participants.
- Coordinate study visit evaluations and procedures including the laboratory and pharmacy components of the protocol.
- Perform the consent process and obtain the signed informed consent prior to initiating any protocol defined procedures.
- Screen and review study participant’s medical records, laboratory results, and health documents to determine participant’s study eligibility.
- Interview and assess study participants for signs and symptoms, concomitant medications, past medical and surgical history, and psychosocial history.
- Provide education to participants related to the study protocol, including a careful review of all study drugs, and filing adverse events reports.
- Assist study participants with any appropriate referrals.
- Provide counseling, including risk reduction counseling, and treatment adherence counseling, if applicable.
- Provide nursing care to study participants in accordance with the protocol including but not limited to, administering vaccination or infusion therapy, clinical nursing assessment and follow up, symptom management, reviewing study participant laboratory results, reporting any abnormal findings/laboratory values to principal investigator/and or sub-investigators and filing of reviewed lab results to participant’s charts.
- Administer vaccination, infusion therapy and perform other protocol defined procedures including but not limited to, vital signs, rapid pregnancy test, phlebotomy etc.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to data queries received from the network’s Statistical and Data Management Center in coordination with the site’s Data Manager.
- Perform quality assurance activities in collaboration with the site’s Data Manager and the network’s Statistical and Data Management Center.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive study records and source documentation.
- Prepare research records for on-site external audits.
- Attend study specific and other study related trainings and meetings as requested by the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and is a graduate from an accredited Nursing
program and 4 years of related experience.
- Current New York State RN license.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a Research Nurse.
- BLS or ACLS (or both) certified.
- Infusion therapy training or experience.
- Phlebotomy training and experience.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to adapt to flexible schedule.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to urgent situations.
- bility to work independently and as part of a team.
- An interest in/or experience with COVID related research and HIV/AIDS trials.
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment.
- An interest in/or experience with community health and or men’s health and transgender persons.
How to apply
Interested candidates apply here