Organization: Sayara Strategies
Sayara International in a development firm committed to building positive change in transitioning societies. By working closely with local partners and the communities that we serve, we take a holistic approach to implementation, research, and monitoring and evaluation. Our programs help communities and institutions develop sustainable, research-based solutions to solve complex development challenges. The Research Officer will work within Sayara’s research and evaluation Team. The Research Officer will work on projects across all our thematic pillars, including on migration, humanitarian aid delivery, strategic communications, and public health projects. This position is based in the Washington, DC area with short-term travel to project sites overseas.
- Conduct literature reviews, concept notes and inception reports
- Support study design and sampling
- Develop quantitative research instruments including survey modeling, design and question writing
- Pilot testing of guides
- Oversee the transcription process of instruments
- Programming and management of mobile data collection platform and designing online/offline dashboards.
- Produce analytical reports, including cooperating with our graphic designer.
- Develop code books
- Code data collection (transcripts)
- Analyze large data sets using advanced techniques to identify actionable insights
- Prepare discussions Guide, Survey Questionnaire, M&E Frameworks
- Translate research and survey results into actionable recommendations that clients can implement
- Drive research outcomes through collaboration of multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in developing quality control (appropriate methodologies, data collection techniques for assessments, indicators, and evaluations)
- Conduct fieldwork (focus group discussions, key informant interviews, etc..)
- Collect and analyze data
- Write analytical reports
- Support proposal development
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize interviews
- Manage and respond to project related emails
- Attend project meetings
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Minimum BA (MA preferred) in statistics, political science, international development, or a related field.
- Proficiency in using SPSS or STATA
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Experience in creating graphical representation of data
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and report writing (two year minimum)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation (humanitarian work and/or development programs)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work long-hours when needed and to travel internationally at short notice
- Experience living and travelin in foreign countries
- Excellent English writing skills
Please send your CV, a cover letter indicating where you heard about the position, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sayara International is an equal opportunity employer.