Advocates Abroad is currently accepting applications for the position of Research Team Coordinator. The Research Team Coordinator is responsible for preparing, supporting and managing both the research team and the research documents produced for asylum applicant memos and supplementary evidence. The Research Team Coordinator maintains the research team files and any official submissions, as well as teams which provide drafting of research memos.
The position may be done remotely or in Greece. The position requires at least 20 hours per week for a minimum period of six (6) months, with the possibility of extension. The position includes training for NGO specific tasks.
- Manage and supervise research memo drafting of the Research Team.
- Assist in drafting country condition reports or memos where desired or needed.
- Communicate regularly with the Field and Research teams, and with Directors to ensure all
evidence and reports are complete and submitted promptly.
- Maintain records of submitted research.
- Update the Research Team calendar for upcoming due dates of memos.
- Request from the Field teams any necessary evidence or personal statements from clients.
- Notify the Field teams promptly of communications received from the State Authorities.
- Completed legal degree; license preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with refugees and asylum- seekers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team and external partners.
- Prior experiences with Greek refugee camps and volunteer networks are preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Mature judgment, strong sense of integrity, and initiative.
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Tech savvy, ability to use and learn multiple technology platforms.
- Fluent in English.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and C.V. to email@example.com with subject title “Research Team Coordinator Application.” Please note that this position is unpaid.