Organization: World Vision
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in more than 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Resource Acquisition Management Director for Mali & Mauritania, you will provide strategic leadership in growing WV Mauritania and Mali’s grants and other non- sponsorship funding pipeline as well as in designing WV Mauritania and Mali Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) systems and ensuring they are implemented effectively so that WV Mauritania and Mali grant projects meet WV and donor requirements. You will be responsible for managing the RAM units of both countries and leading cross-functional teams in the developing winning grant project designs and proposals. You will also provide oversight and facilitating effective processes for management. The position shall be the RAM liaison point for donors, partners, government and support offices and is responsible for building relationships and facilitating strategic positioning with these external stakeholders and shall be based in Bamako, MaliRequirements include:
- Ability to effectively communicate fluently both in French and English
- Masters in fields related to international development.
- Proven experience leading the developing of winning grant project designs and proposals (total annual win rates of $10 million and above)
- Experience in project management with government and multilateral agencies, grant funded projects and experience in grant compliance procedures for major bilateral (GAC, USAID and EU/ECHO) and multilateral donors.
- Team management, track record of success in motivating teams and inspiring teamwork and of successfully training, mentoring and supervising grant staff.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel between Mali and Mauritania up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 OCT 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.