Organization: World Vision
Resource Acquisition Management Director for Mali & Mauritania
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Resource Acquisition Management Director for Mali and Mauritania, you will provide strategic leadership in growing WV Mauritania and Mali’s grants and other non- sponsorship funding pipeline as well as in designing WV Mauritania and Mali Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) systems and ensuring they are implemented effectively so that WV Mauritania and Mali grant projects meet WV and donor requirements.
You will be responsible for managing the RAM units of both countries and leading cross-functional teams in the developing winning grant project designs and proposals. You will also provide oversight and facilitating effective processes for management. You shall be the RAM liaison point for donors, partners, government and support offices and is responsible for building relationships and facilitating strategic positioning with these external stakeholders and shall be based in Bamako, Mali
- Masters in fields related to international development.
- 10 years experience in successful proposal writing and management of proposal development teams, program design, grant acquisition and grant management for international development NGOs.
- 5 years experience in team management, track record of success in motivating teams and inspiring teamwork and of successfully training, mentoring and supervising grant staff.
- Track record of success in networking, partner and donor relations.
- Experience in project management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience in grant compliance procedures for major bilateral (GAC, USAID and EU/ECHO) and multilateral donors.
- Experienced in building teams to development of complex health (nutrition, TB, HIV, maternal child health), resilience, education, child rights & protection and/or Income generation and Livelihoods grant project proposals.
- Experience in monitoring complex grant project budgets and financial reporting, strong financial awareness.
- WV Gateway to Grants Certified.
- HEAT/Security Training.
- Ability to effectively communicate fluently both in French and English.
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership preferred and ability to interface sensitively with people from various departments in both field and support offices.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel in Mali and between both countries up to 30% of the time with international travels of up to 15% may be required.
- The successful candidate must hold a work permit for both Mali and Mauritania.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 21 SEP 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.