Internal/ External Vacancy Notice
The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Baghdad
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Restoring Family Links Field Officer 1
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity).
Location: Iraq – Ramadi Office
Date of Issue: 9 February 2021
Deadline for applications: 22 February 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for more than 40 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
ICRC Restoring Family Links activities aim at preventing separation; restoring and maintaining contact between family members; helping to clarify what has happened to persons reported missing as a consequence of armed conflict or other situations of violence, natural or man-made disaster and international migration; and supporting families of missing persons to ensure their dignity and well-being. Those activities include organizing the exchange of family news, tracing individuals, registering and following up individuals to prevent their disappearance and to enable families to be informed of their whereabouts, reuniting and repatriating families, collecting, managing and forwarding information on the dead, forwarding official documents and issuing travel documents.
The Restoring Family Links Field Officer (RFL FO1) supports the implementation and monitoring of ICRC restoring family links (RFL) activities in Anbar Area of Responsibility (AoR). He/She will contributes to meeting RFL objectives within the Ramadi office. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out RFL activities under the supervision of the line manager, with close coordination with his/her technical supervisor and RAD RFL FO 2;
- Perform internal and external follow-up of individual cases;
- Receive visitors and ensures that visits are appropriately followed up;
- Organize and conduct regular field trips to collect/ distribute RFL materials (Red Cross Messages, tracing request, etc.) within Anbar AoR;
- Translate or interprets RFL materials upon request;
- Undertake filing and archiving tasks in line with standard procedures;
- Collect request, process them and deliver the resulting documentation to beneficiaries;
- Contribute to reporting and the collection of statistical data;
- Help prepare, report on and follow up on internal and external meetings;
- Prepare, participate in and reports on all aspects of field visits;
- Contribute to the internal reporting as requested;
- Follow up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Collect and share information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- High school qualifications, vocational training or professional diploma.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Good Computer skills.
- ICRC experience and/or previous non ICRC experience in a similar field is an asset.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three months’ probation period.
- Interested candidates should forward the following to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).