Call for experts – London, UK
Results, Management and Learning/MEL programme
- Coffey is currently looking for MEL experts to support DFID funded infrastructure, energy and urban planning programming
- 5 years/TBC
- London, UK
The objectives of the programme will focus on:
a) Ensuring all programmes contribute to the same strategic objectives
b) Ensuring all components have the awareness and capacity to deliver on their MEL commitments, both the expected on-going learning and adaptation, as well as the achievement of results defined under performance-based contracts
c) Ensure reported results meet a minimum quality standard and are comparable between country programmes (Burma, Zambia, Uganda, UK)
d) Share lessons learned to enable lessons to be used in designing future DFID programmes
- MEL/RML experts: expertise in establishing baseline data to measure success of programmes. Ability to disaggregate wherever possible results achieved by measures such as gender, age, skill level, persons with disabilities, and geographical link to projects’ locales.
- The expert will be called to monitor the impact that programme activities are having on the poor, especially as the programme matures.
- An advanced university degree (or equivalent) in the fields of urban development, sustainable energy, infrastructure, assessments and evaluations or other relevant.
- Practical experience designing results frameworks in the sectors of economic growth, urban planning, infrastructure, and/or energy
- Experience of leading monitoring and evaluation teams for complex programmes
- Experience working in low income countries and designing and implementing MEL strategies with limited availability of data
- Demonstrate a strong record of high quality reports and/or publications, as well as developing innovative approaches to MEL and results frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on donor funded programmes
- Excellent communication skills, as well as analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to maintain productive professional relationships
- Working knowledge of DFID’s approaches monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Experience working on economic growth focused programming with specific experience designing results frameworks measuring jobs/income, while also measuring the impact on poverty and social inclusion
- Experience of working in Burma, Uganda, Zambia
- Fluent in English
Applications close: 2 November 2018
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Please apply via the Coffey Europe website: