Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The Somalia country office of our client is undertaking feasibility studies & detailed study of 30 km or urban roads in Kismayo & 20 km of urban roads in Baidoa. The project is the component of the Somali Urban Investment Planning Project (SUIPP) supported by the World Bank & delivered in close working partnership with the municipalities & the govt. partners. The feasibility study report is due by end of June & the detailed design documentation is due by end of August.
- The specific role expected from the Road Engineer is to provide the field based support including site assessments, data collection & local input to the feasibility studies & designs
Consultant role objectives:
- Assist the Road Design Engineer with various technical tasks related to feasibility studies & preliminary designs of roads.
- Undertake field data collection, analysis & provide input to various reports being prepared by the design team.
- Develop BOQ & prepare detailed construction cost estimates using unit rates analysis, market rates or the other methodologies applicable to Somalia.
- Support other project tasks as requested by the Road Design Engineer to deliver overall client component.
- Complete all assigned technical tasks including BOQ’s & cost estimates on time to amend the agreed quality standards.
- The consultant will report to the road Design Engineer.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline) is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in design & construction of urban roads/highways is required.
- Experience in preparation of BOQ’s & construction costs estimates of road works is required.
- Experience in preparation of road designs using Civil 3D software (or similar) is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
Other relevant information:
- This role is for a period of 45 working days over the duration of 2 months.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: