The Roving Finance manager will provide financial and grants management expertise to country offices in close collaboration with country finance teams and the regional finance team. The post holder will be required to travel extensively within the region, building capacity of country finance teams, backstopping for the Finance Managers in their absence, and providing additional capacity to in country finance teams during seasons of additional and or increased workload. The Roving FM will be expected to provide support to country offices during emergency responses and at the onset of new large grants while contributing to the development and advancement of policy and procedures
• Collaboratively work with Country directors, Regional Finance teams in identifying capacity and or performance gaps and put in place measures to address the identified gaps.
• Conduct training for both finance & non-finance staff on both FH and donor procedures and requirements.
• Conduct informal on the job training sessions with finance teams on various aspects of financial management procedures.
• Lead in the roll out and implementation of new and or revised organizations financial procedures and standards.
• Work with country offices in regularly performing systems reviews and developing capacity building plans for partner organizations as identified through assessments.
Provide backup capacity to country office.
• Interim for senior country finance staff in their absences such as leave, resignations, etc.
• Provide additional financial support to country offices during periods of increased workload including scale up periods due to emergency responses.
• Work with country teams in the development of budgets for large grants as pre-determined during proposal development processes.
Internal Audits and compliance.
• Undertake extensive and periodic internal audit exercises to ensure that financial management practices are sound and in compliance with FH, donor rules and regulations and local government requirements; in line with this, work with country offices to develop action plans to address issues raised in audits.
• Work with country leadership and finance teams to address issues identified as areas of risk related to financial management by internal/external auditors and/or regional finance team.
• Closely work with in country finance teams in the preparation of the annual audit packs.
• Review finance and accounting transactions and ensure they are correct and in accordance to laid down procedures.
• Work with country procurement teams to ensure seamless procedures in place that are in tandem with finance procedures and donor regulations.
• When required provide assistance in the event of an upcoming donor audits.
• Follow up as required on issues raised by internal/donor audit during field monitoring visits
Grant Management and Reporting.
• Work closely with country finance teams in ensuring that donor reports are submitted in time and in accordance to the stipulated guidelines. Review country reports prior to submission within the chain of hierarchy.
• Review all donor contracts and ensure that all project activities comply to donor agreements including project spending.
• Work closely with country teams in close-out procedures for grants and where required develop close-out checklists and ensure that projects phase out in accordance with the agreed plans, timelines and costs.
• Work closely with country finance teams to incorporate feedback from reviewed/analyzed reports.
• Maintain all donors grant agreement copies, financial and audit reports.
Values, Vision, and Purpose
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
FH benefits include (Int’l):
Insurance – Health, Disability, Life
Paid holidays, vacation, & sick leave
Pension (eligibility per FH policy)
Professional development and continuing education opportunities
A resume and an application are required to apply for this position. This position will close to applications on March 31, 2020. For a complete version of the job description, qualifications, and to apply, access our Career page, see link below.
How to apply
Access our Career page:https://www.fh.org/about/careers/