Organization: International Rescue Committee
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Coordinator, the Roving HR/Admin Manager provides general human resource and administration support for the department at Field Office and Addis Ababa Level. He/she will be responsible for Capacity Building for Field based HR Managers/Officers and Assistants. During Emergency Response, the Roving HR/Admin Manager will take a lead in emergency HR management by providing hands-on practical human resource support for emergency program, with a focus on rapid recruitment and selection of high caliber emergency response staff. The job holder will focus on the capacity building of Field based HR staffs, Emergency response, recruitments, providing PMP trainings, group orientation, HRIS system (workday), and admin activities.
DETAIL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
· The roving HR/Admin manager participate in all national recruitment, policy implementation and human resources strategy planning.
· Assist in Reviewing national staff personnel policies and recommend changes/additions/deletions.
· Participate in developing strategic talent retention and staff succession planning.
· Participate in the review of budgets / proposal developments as requested and support the field HR/Admin to actively participate in Budget/Proposal development session.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and assist in implementation of policies in every IRC operational site.
· Promote the IRC WAY in collaboration with the field management team.
· Advise/Assist Senior Management of the field offices on new approaches and implementation of HR programs, advocacy role for staff, interpreting organization’s policy with respect to difficult and complex case, recommending exceptions.
· Provide advice and support to Field HR teams, Field Managers/Coordinator and program managers on HR related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, and employee relation and separation
· Support on proper and adequate understanding of Ethiopia labour laws (when instituted) and IRC’s obligations.
· Work on tasks assigned by Supervisor.
Talent Acquisition and management:
· Participate in recruitment process. Posting positions in appropriate media, CV review, interviewing, reference check, job offer, leading the orientation and travel arrangement.
· Assist Field HR staffs in conducting exit interviews and maintain updated staff retention roster sheet and the exit interview is supported with Monkey survey.
· Work closely with field HR teams to maintain an updated tracking sheet for completed performance Evaluation and different HR related documents.
· Review Personnel Requisition, Hiring recommendation and other recruitment documents
· In collaboration with the Field HR/Admin Managers or focal person identify the gap of field HR/Admin department and propose alternative/appropriate solution, in collaboration with the HR/Admin coordinator.
· Assist on succession plan for field HR/Admin department staffs
· Frequently travel to the field offices to provide hands on practical support to the HR/Admin staff and to build and develop the capacity of the HR team in the intervention area through effective coaching, performance management frameworks and human resource development plans.
· Provide advice and support to Field HR teams, and employees in all areas of performance management and its process (performance improvement plans, annual appraisals, career path, timely feedback, conflict resolution, etc.)
· Provide necessary support and training to field HR/Admin managers/Officers and Assistants as required.
HR Service and Administration:
· Assist in writing increment, promotion, transfer and other personnel related letters whenever necessary.
· Assist and review of monthly payroll, overtime, and severance and back payments whenever necessary.
· Assist and coach the HR/Admin staffs in updating workday system when ever needed
· Assist/Prepare payment vouchers in relation to HR.
· Assist in reviewing employment contracts, purchase requests and payment requests made by other HR staff before it is submitted to Finance.
· Work with the field HR team and Addis based Assistant HR/Admin. Coordinator in maintenance of up to date files for all staff.
· Send NY report monthly as per the schedule.
· Update recruitment tracking every week and share the recruitment update for Assistant HR/Admin Coordinator for further action
Supervision and Support
· Technically support the field HR/Admin Managers/officers and work closely with the staff development manager on the area of PMP, group and the IRC WAY trainings.
· Travel to the field to assist the HR Managers/Officers and to replace any gap as need arises.
· During Emergency Response, the Roving HR Manager will take a lead in emergency HR management by providing hands-on practical human resource support for emergency program
· Work with the Field HR/Admin lead on HR/Admin staff development plan and its implementation.
· University Degree/Masters in Management, Business Administration, Humana Resource or related
· 6 years relevant experience for degree holders and 3 years of experience for MA in Management, Business Administration, Humana Resource or related
· 2 years management experience
· NGO experience in Human resource is preferable.
· Strong organizational skills
· Computer literate especially word, excel and access.
· Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
· Ability to work under pressure and willing to frequently travel to different field offices/operational areas.
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
– IRC P.O.BOX: 107 Code 1110, Addis Ababa or
– Apply via ethiojobs website
· Please include names and contact information of 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.