Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions are offering Saltire Scholarships for students of Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA. The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any ofScotland’s higher education institutions.
The scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as an excellent destination for academic learning and are targeted at the priority sectors of Science, Technology, Creative industries, Healthcare, and medical sciences, Renewable and clean energy.
- Application Deadline:May 26, 2019
- Course Level:Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, masters or Ph.D. degree level at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
- Study Subject:The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
List of Subjects: Science, Technology, Creative industries, Healthcare and medical sciences, Renewable and clean energy.
- Scholarship Award:The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000
- Number of Scholarships:The scheme offers up to 50 awards.
- Nationality:Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA
- Scholarship can be taken inthe UK (Scotland)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries:Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA
- Entrance Requirements:In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 26 May 2019.
- The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate:
- Interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- Willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
- English Language Requirements:Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Saltire Scholars will be required to:
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end of year conference. (Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agreeing that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- In accordance with relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data in order to receive information on the Saltire programme both during their studies and after graduation.
How to Apply:
To participate in this scholarship, applicants must submit an online application form through the given link:https://www.scotland.org/study/saltire-scholarships/application-form