Sappi Bursary in South Africa
Sappi Limited are inviting Matriculants and undergraduate students to apply for their bursary programme.
The Sappi bursary programme for the next academic year is for current Undergraduate students or Matric students who intend on studying, or are currently studying, within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Civil Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Forestry and Wood Science (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Pulp and Paper (National Diploma)Sappi Bursary in South Africa – Coverage Value & Selection Process
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a living allowance. The bursary value will be dependent on the students household income.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and psychometric assessments.
If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Sappi Bursary in South Africa – Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- Must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Must be studying OR intend on studying full time, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be studying OR intend on studying at an accredited university in South Africa<bmust have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)</b
Matric students: must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science
Matric students: must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English
University students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- Preference will be given to students who reside in areas close to Sappi’s main business operationsHow to Apply for the Bursary – Sappi Bursary in South Africa
- Applications must be done online (see links below).
- You will be required to Register an Account before you can Login and apply.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Any other relevant academic qualification certificates (certified copies)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ provisional registration (on university letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of household income/ affidavit stating total household incomeApply by 30th September.
For more information and application details, see; Sappi Bursary in South Africa