This training builds on the skills taught from previous ARSET SAR trainings in terms of the use of Google Earth Engine for flood mapping of radar data. This training presents two new topics; the use of InSAR for characterizing landslides and the generation of a digital elevation model (DEM).
Learning Objectives: By the end of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Create a flood map using Google Earth Engine
- Generate a map characterizing areas where landslides have occurred
- Generate a digital elevation model (DEM)
Course Dates: December 3, 4, 5, 2019
Times and Registration Information:
- English Session: 10:00-12:00 EST (UTC-5): https://go.nasa.gov/2BDUdJA
- Spanish Session: 14:00-16:00 EST (UTC-5): https://go.nasa.gov/2WjqVcU
Relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Target 13.1: Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries
- SDG 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Course Format: This webinar series will consist of three, two-hour parts
- Each part will include a presentation on the theory of the topic followed by a demonstration and exercise for attendees.
- This training is also available in Spanish.
Retweet Option (English): https://twitter.com/NASAARSET/status/1188887405572612096
Retweet Option (Spanish): https://twitter.com/NASAARSET/status/1188913925200461827