POSITION TITLE:Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO:Sr. Director, Global Finance/International Controller
Winrock is a recognized leader in international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a quality-driven organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.
Winrock is seeking an Accountant who will analyze and review all program expenses prior to processing in order to ensure compliance with the contract documentation and standard procedures are followed in the expenditure of program funds. The position is also responsible for billing funding organizations for reimbursement of project expenses. The position is based in Little Rock, AR and reports to the Senior Director, Global Finance/International Controller.
- Responsible for all contract processing including the review of contracts to determine the setup of budget in Solomon and the billing format.
- Processes accounting returns from program staff (field and headquarters) in the form of expense reports and supporting documentation, analyzing data prior to input, ensuring they are reasonable and appropriate to bill and allocated to the correct project cost centers. Responsible for ensuring that all advances to consultants are accounted for as expenses, supported by receipts and that advances or unaccounted balances are returned where the project didn’t happen or terminated
- Prepares spreadsheets from data runs, ensuring all expenses are allocated to the correct line items and reconciled to data run.
- Responsible for alerting program manager to errors, omissions and unbillable items, to ensure compliance with contract terms and resolving problems.
- Responsible for billing funding organizations from cleaned-up data and following up for payment.
- Prepares status reports on project expenditure for project managers, as required.
- Reconciles bank statements for overseas projects on accounts that are not processed in regional field offices. May be required to occasionally travel to foreign offices to perform training, audit/review and other duties.
- Completes other related duties as needed and or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred; Eligibility to sit for CPA exam or CPA preferred.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in general accounting desired, experience in contract work and with government agencies a plus.
Good analytical skills, proficiency in word processing and Excel spreadsheets, familiarity with computer-based accounting packages.
Must be willing to perform international travel if required. Must not require sponsorship to work in the US.
Interested qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter tohttps://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2152366.