Senior Biodiversity/Climate Change Technical Specialist, USAID Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform, Peru, Colombia, Brazil
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/Peru is looking to contracting a firm to support the adaptive management of USAID programs under the Amazon Vision and to improve knowledge and evidence for the conservation of Amazon biodiversity and climate change mitigation services.
SI is seeking a Senior Biodiversity/Climate Change Technical Specialist to provide, full-time support on the USAID Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform covering at a minimum Peru, Colombia, and Brazil.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Peruvian, Colombian, or Brazilian citizenship will be considered.
- Carry out analyses and assessment of climate change/biodiversity-related activities across programs.
- Provide technical advisory services and assistance to evaluation teams, partners and other groups.
- Assist in managing effective M&E, reporting and learning.
- Advanced degree or higher in field related to environmental management, natural resources, or related subject.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in providing biodiversity/climate change assistance.
- Experience and knowledge of evaluation technical skills and learning methods.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of their time.
- Fluency in English required; Spanish and/or Portuguese required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.