International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) across many sectors including, but not limited to, global health, agriculture & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth, education, and environment.
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Senior Advisor (HIV)
Department/Location:** Global Health, Education and Economic Development (GH EE) Practice/ US with possible travel overseas
Reports To: Project Leader and/or GH EE Management Team Member
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a consultant to provide services to implement The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria’s Global Fund Strategic Initiative on Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Senior Consultant will assist with the review of the programmatic and cost effectiveness of national frameworks for AGYW programs in five (5) countries: Lesotho, eSwatini, Cameroon, Kenya and Mozambique. The period of performance for the project is three years from on or about January, 1 2021 to December, 30, 2023. The Senior Consultant will be a part-time consultancy.
The Senior Consultant will assist with the country-level review of national AGYW programs, including:
- The compliance of national strategies/frameworks with technical guidance, including national/regional guidance
- The interventions included in the strategy/framework, to consider whether they are cost-effective and evidence-based, and to ensure achievement of optimal HIV prevention outcomes for AGYW and their male sexual partners
- The extent to which the approaches to implementation adopted are appropriate to enable efficient implementation at scale
- Any tailored approach to implementation at sub-national level which addresses HIV incidence variation and the local HIV epidemic drivers at sub-national level
Given the infancy of structured, national programs associated with HIV incidence reduction for AGYW, the Senior Consultant will also be expected to contribute to the evidence base associated with national HIV prevention strategy effectiveness and quality. This will be done through a meta-analysis of findings associated with, for example, the most effective interventions and combinations of interventions for achieving impact/outcomes and most effective prioritization approaches.
The Senior Consultant – Senior Advisor HIV will contribute specialist expertise on the prevention of HIV among adolescent girls and young women, including epidemiological modeling and analysis of HIV incidence and prevalence at national or sub-national level as feasible or appropriate.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision-making authority on final work products.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience designing or conducting HIV prevention activities with adolescent girls and young women.
- Academic research and implementation science in the field of HIV prevention pertaining to adolescents and youth.
- Demonstrated ability to work with each of the five focus countries
- Capacity to work in both French and English
- Proven writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Advanced degrees in a relevant subject (PhD desirable).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with The Global Fund
- Capability to provide technical assistance for strategic interventions on regional and national level
Working Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and/ or overseas.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Please note this statement of work is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs through our website here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2774/job