About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 350 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
About the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level.
Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to partners and work as part of a global network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions more broadly.
We are seeking an experienced and talented digital specialist looking to make a powerful impact in the face of the global climate change threat. You will be working closely with both a global digital team and European strategic communications team to spearhead effective digital strategies that result in meaningful political, policy, and social change within Europe.
This is a new role with a growing global digital team, with plenty of scope to make this your own from the ground up. This position reports directly to the digital director, Strategic Communications.
- Lead the European Digital Hub strategy and implementation in order to drive urgent and meaningful action on climate change at the regional, national, and international level;
- Work closely with global digital staff (including the digital director, other regional digital hub leads, and in-country digital staff) and members of the European strategic communications team (including the European director, country leads, and theme leads) to craft and execute a smart regional digital strategy;
- Provide strategic advice and support to strategic communications country leads/desks to help them design national digital strategies and monitor results;
- Develop and oversee an ongoing program of message testing, content creation, targeted advertising, organic digital content, and social media monitoring to amplify strategic communications and outreach work in Europe;
- Support, collaborate, and empower national digital leads and partners as they execute their digital programs in countries across Europe by providing strategic guidance, tactical support, and a collaborative relationship;
- Manage the European Digital Hub, which includes a junior digital associate, and ensure they are properly supported and resourced;
- Create, develop, and refine campaign concepts and materials, working in collaboration with content creators, partners, freelancers, and consultants.
Experience and competencies
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- 5+ years of experience using digital for strategic communications and/or campaigning, including leading digital staff and developing digital strategies;
- Demonstrated experience creating and developing successful campaigns concepts, digital content, and distribution plans to engage audiences;
- Experience in project management, including scheduling, budget, time management across multiple projects and multiple countries;
- Familiarity with best practices across digital advertising and marketing, social media, content creation, SEO, analytics, social listening, influencer engagement, and more;
- Experience in using data to inform decision making;
- Fluency in English, with knowledge of any other European languages a distinct advantage;
- Ability to work flexibly both independently and in a team;
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers;
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, Trello, etc.;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, small group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- The opportunity to improve your digital skills through working with a team of experts in the field;
- A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Flexible, within Europe. We may have co-working opportunities in some locations. You must have the right to work in your location.
As soon as possible
How to apply
How to apply
Please upload below (in English)
- Maximum 2-page CV
- Short cover letter explaining why you would be suited to the position
- Some relevant examples from your portfolio.
Please use this link: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/senior_digit…
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.