Senior Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA), Evaluation, Assessments and Analyses (EAA) project, Kenya
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
The anticipated project will provide the USAID/KEA mission and its implementing partners with technical assistance in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative evaluation studies and knowledge management platforms. The project will also train the mission and local institutions on M&E best practices and evaluation methods.
The Senior Evaluation Specialist will manage all evaluation and assessment activities (such as design, planning, budgeting and quality assurance and reporting) and staff. This is a full-time position based in Nairobi.
- Manage a team of technical experts, including data analysts, researchers, sector specialists and evaluators.
- Design and plan assignment activities. Determine staffing levels, recruiting appropriate, qualified short-term consultants and specialists.
- Manage assignment activity quality assurance and budgeting.
- Supervise/coordinate data analysis and collection plans and methods.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/KEA staff, implementing partners and stakeholders as needed.
- Manage the integration of lessons learned and knowledge management into evaluation activities.
- Oversee final reporting to USAID/KEA.
- Master’s degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis;
- Knowledge of international best practices in project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation and client management skills;
- Capacity and skills to work effectively in an environment that encourages collaboration, learning, and adaptive management to build staff capacity and deliver consulting services and information and learning products that are useful and meets the client’s needs.
- Professional fluency in English. Fluency in Swahili desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com