Organization:UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
How can you make a difference?
The Senior Finance Associate (SME) supports a specific stream in Finance/MDM team in many critical areas, including:
- Functional support on process and systems at a detailed Tier 3 level
- Knowledge sharing and stakeholder engagement
- Availability of quality process documentation
- Training and skills development
- Continuous improvements initiatives
- Customer care support
- Reporting and analysis
This role will (under current arrangement) work under the direct supervision of the Stream Lead and will have a matrix reporting line to the SME Finance Officer.
Service Delivery- Stream Support
- Deliver professional quality SME support on process and systems so that stream performance and productivity goals are achieved
- Implement work programmes for knowledge sharing, skills development and capacity building of processing staff
- Comprehensive review of issues, bottlenecks, returns and other process issues and develop suitable solutions for implementation
- Support stream specific project implementation
- Proactive coordination and integration with all stream leads for timely resolution of issues and proactive well-considered responses to their needs
- Maintain and make available all related process documents:
- Standard Operating Procedures per process
- Process Instructions and Accountability Frameworks per process
- Risk Framework per stream
- Note for Records, Policy Gaps
- Error and incident logs
- Delivery of quality, relevant and compliant training for processing staff with updated training materials in the areas of:
- Process training, initial, refresher and targeted
- Topic related training; fraud awareness
- Ad-hoc trainings, as required
- Work proactively with related streams to ensure coordinated efforts
- Delivery of improvement initiatives and process improvement proposals
- Generate improvement ideas, including the gathering of internal stream ideas from staff on a regular organized basis
Reporting and Analysis
- Development and production of various report types that supports the stream in their processing, improvement initiatives, quality and business management objectives.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree in the field of accounting and finance from a reputable institute or qualified accountancy from an internationally recognized accountancy body
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience within a P2P – SSC environment within the relevant functional area
- Demonstrated contribution to the delivery of process improvements with realizable benefits
- Proven experience in training, knowledge sharing and skills development
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach and works well within a collaborative environment
- Able to generate improvement initiatives for both GSSC and Country Offices
- Significant hands on SAP experience, including P2P related modules and data analysis
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and risk management in relevant finance process
- Experience in the delivery of technical training and related materials
- Ability to develop reports using Power BI tools
- Preparation of high quality process and operational documentation
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
- Leadership skills to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks, including the ability to acts independently, impartially and objectively
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasive skills and able to establish productive partnerships with stakeholders
- Ability to approach work with resilience and a positive, constructive attitude
- Prudent in the use and protection of information acquired in the course of duties
View our competency framework at
Applicants must be nationals of EU countries or in possession of a valid work permit.Please attach a copy of your work permit to your application submission.General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements.
UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516526