Tropical Health LLP is an international consultancy company specialising in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health and disease control programmes in Africa and Asia. Registered in the UK in 2011, the company builds on the long experience of its core staff as well as a wide network of affiliated consultants. We contribute in a unique way to the cost effectiveness and sustainability of development aid in the health sector by improving the availability, quality and use of evidence for strategic and operational planning and programme implementation. We firmly believe in the principles of developing local capacity and transferring skills and knowledge.
The New Nets Project, funded by a partnership between Unitaid and the Global Fund, is piloting the distribution of next-generation long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) with new insecticide combinations in sub-Saharan African countries hardest hit by malaria. Led by IVCC, the New Nets Project consortium includes various National Malaria Control Programs (NMCP), Population Services International, the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and PATH. In Mozambique, enhanced malaria surveillance activities will accompany piloted distributions of next-generation LLIN products to generate epidemiological and entomological data needed to evaluate their public health impact, anthropological data on factors that influence their uptake and usage, and durability monitoring to evaluate LLIN longevity. Evidence generated during these pilots will provide important context to support National Malaria Control Program, malaria control policymakers, donors, and other stakeholders in their LLIN decision-making and planning processes.**
Tropical Health is currently recruiting a Senior Finance, Logistics and Administration Coordinator to support the coordination and implementation of multiple community-based evaluations of next-generations LLINs in Mozambique. The position will report to the Tropical Health Senior Project Coordinator in Tete, Mozambique, and will support the activities of a team of 8 staff and 30-40 data collectors to successfully implement study activities while maintaining close collaboration and frequent communication with Tropical Health HQ, other project consortium partners, and key malaria control stakeholders in Mozambique.
To perform logistic, administration and financial duties in support of study activities under the New Nets Project implemented by Tropical Health in Mozambique.
Full time position with anticipated project funding from April 15, 2020 through July 31, 2022
- Work closely with the Senior Project Coordinator and other key project partners to manage Regional Office and District staff to ensure successful implementation of all study activities
- Liaise with Tropical Health field and HQ staff, to coordinate project financial, contracting, and administrative management
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with project partners.
- Work with in-country and Tropical Health administrative contacts to facilitate contractual and financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Proactively monitor project activities and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Provide support to ensure smooth daily operations in the areas of administration, procurement, asset management, logistics, travel, tickets, and hotel reservations.
- Assist the Tropical Health Senior Project Coordinator in the arrangement of training events and the mobilisation of field teams for fieldwork in the study districts.
- Directly responsible for all local procurement of equipment for the programme in Mozambique in collaboration with the Senior Project Coordinator.
- Follow a 3 quotes system for substantial procurements and liaise with Tropical Health’s Programme Manager to ensure all procurements are within policy.
- Negotiation to ensure Tropical Health is achieving the best prices for goods and services
- Financial accounting during for the study including receipt of funds, organising payments, collecting receipts and financial reporting.
- Assist in the establishment and delivery of payment procedures for the field research team in the seven study districts
- Make arrangements and bookings for training venues and liaise with Tropical Health staff to ensure timely payment is made
- Arrange accommodation for Tropical Health Staff (if required)
- Assist in making flight reservations, if required, for flights within Mozambique.
- Car hire and transport bookings and liaise with Tropical Health staff to ensure timely payment
- Act as key point person for all logistics whilst the field study is being implemented
- Attend training venues in Tete to ensure lists of participants are in place and fully signed and per diems are distributed
- Coordinate the booking and payment of hotels for Tropical Health in Tete as required
- Provide advice to the Tropical Health Study Coordinator as required in relation to procurement, finance and logistics and what is applicable in the context.
- Any other duties in relation to the role that have yet to be defined.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in global health – experience in malaria control and elimination a plus
- Proven experience in global health project management and leadership in Mozambique
- Degree in Business Management and a minimum of advanced diploma in Business Administration
- Experience interfacing with and navigating governmental and nongovernmental organizations
- Demonstrated effective project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of partners with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: ability to communicate in English is a plus
- Team-oriented and ability to facilitate productive working relationships inside and outside the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Proven financial management and budgeting skills.
- Proven success in attention to detail and managing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and documentation practices.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Effective time management and working under deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural work environment.
- Commitment to quality, service, confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have legal authorization to live and work in MozambiqueLocation-Tete Province, Mozambique
Full job description is available athttp://www.trophealth.com/index.php/opportunities
How to apply
To apply for this role, please visit our website athttp://www.trophealth.com/index.php/opportunitiesfor further details on the application process.
Application deadline is Friday 3rd April at 5pm in Mozambique.