Chemonics seeks a Senior Manager, Supply Chain for its Procurement and Logistics Technology Center (PLTC).
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain will provide technical and managerial oversight to successfully design and implement the operational and technological platform to offer in-country procurement and logistics services. The primary focus is to oversee the development of the technological platform’s functionalities and features, including any financial management needs. The manager will also contribute to the broader development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and an implementation plan for piloting and successfully providing In Country Logistics (ICL) services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the ICL operational and technological platform for end-to-end procurement and logistics services, assuring that the required features and functionalities are incorporated, including any financial management needs
- Liaise with the system developer, subject matter experts, and internal stakeholders, and facilitate any needed work sessions for ICL system design and implementation to include financial management, sourcing, order management, warehousing, transport management, quality control management, and others
- Support Supply Chain Director and MIS project manager to track system developer deliverables, performance requirements, LOE ceilings and support in the review and processing of invoices
- Lead the development and coordination of the implementation plan for piloting and successfully providing ICL services with clear milestones and timelines
- Contribute to developing ICL standard operating procedures (SOPs) and internal policies and liaises with staff across various teams to ensure continuous improvement of supply chain performance, development of customer centered supply chain system functionalities, and supply chain performance reporting. Subsequently verifies that SOPs are followed
- Backstop the assigned team, assuring weekly priorities, meetings, and tasks are coordinated and completed. Facilitate liaising with other teams, as needed. This includes supply chain operations staff, including sourcing and procurement, international logistics, and quality control
- Collaborate with supply chain team and liaise with vendors (suppliers, 3PLs, Quality Control agencies), as needed, to provide effective service
- Liaise with staff across various teams to support continuous improvement of supply chain performance, development of customer centered supply chain system functionalities, and supply chain performance reporting
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies in procurement and logistics operations and work with the supply chain services teams (and others as needed) to resolve them
- Help ensure responsive and effective service provision by supplier, 3PL, and Quality Control Service vendors
- Coordinate with leadership on supply chain performance measurement reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team in relation to service offerings
- Supervise assigned staff including promoting staff development, evaluating team performance, communicating clear performance goals and standards, and ensuring staff receive regular performance feedback
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years work experience in program management required
- Relevant experience overseeing technical and financial aspects of international and/or in-country supply chain management required
- Experience working within international development and humanitarian sectors, particularly with donor agencies, international non-governmental organizations, and/or national. governments required
- Prior experience with in-country health commodity supply chain procurement and logistics services for large, complex programs in Africa strongly preferred
- Experience working within one of following technical health areas: HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning and reproductive health, or maternal and child health
- Experience working with supply chain ERP systems preferred
- Self-starter, willing and able to lead the development of multiple operational processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team under time pressure with calm leadership while moving the team to achieve a time bound deliverable
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, lead effective meetings and demonstrated presentation skills; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff, multiple project teams, remote staff and other initiatives
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Language proficiency in English required, second language skills in French or Portuguese preferred
How to apply
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMO… by November 10, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.