Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Programme Officer – Climate Policy and Governance in the East Africa office. The Senior Programme Officer will spearhead provision of technical support towards achievement of climate change and natural resources policy interventions within the broader Climate and Resilience Program. Administratively, this role will also be in charge of routine management of the Lodwar Office and Coordination of Practical Action work in the North Rift Area.
The Senior Programme Officer is responsible for:
- Support an objective and strategic policy and governance engagement on climate change, water and related natural resources with county and national government and development partners,
- Engage in climate change and water resource management and governance dialogue at county and other levels with key partners — including key line ministries, donors, NGOs, private sector, and civil society.
- Directly implement climate change and water policy activities including allied interventions and ensure inclusive participation of communities, government, civil society, private sector and all other stakeholders
- Support identification of complementary program interventions that enhance climate change governance
- Responsible for daily routine management of the Lodwar Field Office
- Responsible for management of field office administrative staff
- Coordinate Practical Action’s work in the North Rift area
An experienced professional, you will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in climate sciences, environmental science, earth sciences, natural resource economics, public policy or related field
- At least 3 years of work experience involving policy and governance work on water resource management, environment and climate change adaptation
- Experience and knowledge of the country’s institutional framework and policies of climate change, water, environment and natural resource management is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the country climate change and natural resource management policies, dialogues and processes is an added advantage
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
You can access the detailed job profile here: https://practicalaction.org/careers/vacancies/senior-programme-officer-c…
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Senior Programme Officer – Climate Policy and Governance” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Wednesday 11th September 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.