Organization:UN High Commissioner for Refugees
The Senior Regional Public Health Officer will ensure that UNHCR’s health and nutrition programmes meet minimum UNHCR and international standards and minimise avoidable mortality and morbidity among populations of concern. The incumbent plays a crucial role in programme coordination, planning, monitoring including data analysis and evaluation, promoting capacity-building of UNHCR personnel and partners, and advocacy, information and communication on public health and nutrition-related issues.
The Senior Regional Public Health Officer liaises with UNHCR country offices, Public Health and HIV Section, Regional Bureau/Desk. S/he supports and provides guidance to the network of UNHCR health and nutrition focal points and officers as well as to Implementing and Operational Partners, National Governments, Ministries of Health, UN agencies, and refugee and other persons of concern to UNHCR’s communities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A clinical background (nurse or MD) with postgraduate training in Public Health or Social Science.
- Minimum 8 years of previous job experience relevant to the function and in national/multinational organizations.
- Knowledge of public health, nutrition and HIV in humanitarian emergencies and development context including at least 5 years of experience with an international humanitarian organization dealing with large scale emergencies or displaced/refugee situations
- Exposure to UNHCR mandate, its priorities and principles.
- Proficiency in basic computer software such as MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Additional qualifications in Nutrition and WASH and a thorough understanding of the linkages with public health.
- Applied knowledge in UNHCR programme management, project formulation, its programme cycles and reporting standards.
- Knowledge of additional UN languages.
Interested candidates should apply at:https://bit.ly/2xS7GvW.
To view all vacancies, please go to the UNHCR Career Page atwww.unhcr.org/careers.
Deadline for applications: 18 October 2018 (midnight Geneva time).
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.