Organization: Action Africa Help – International
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), is an international non-profit making agency that implements humanitarian relief, recovery and development projects in Africa. AAH-I seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Road Plant Mechanic. He/ She will work under the overall leadership of the Workshop Manager.
The Senior Road Plant Mechanic will be responsible for general maintenance and repair of all plant equipment’s and trucks. Carry out of all major repairs, proper diagnosis, fault finding, overhauls the engines, gearboxes, Differentials, and other mechanical components in a proper procedure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform proper repair on the plant equipment such as Mechanical/Electrical accessories, airmatics system and check thoroughly any signs of malfunctioning.
- Carry out all major breakdown, fault finding, overhaul engines, Gearboxes, differentials and any other mechanical components
- Recover broken down machineries and trucks
- Updating maintenance schedules for plant equipment’s, trucks and generators.
- Ensure safe keeping and proper use of all workshop tools and equipment’s.
- Distinguish between uneven worn tyres.
- Ensure high quality of workmanship and use of proper parts for the repair of the plant equipment’s.
- Ensuring the working area is always kept clean and in order.
- Ensure safety precautions are observed in the workshop during repair to avoid risk of injury to self and other staff.
- Develop skill and mentorship of the assistant plant mechanics
- File the workshop Job cards and parts issuing voucher for future reference.
- Always Liaise with workshop manager for maintenance of the plant equipment’s and trucks
- Provide proper record to the workshop manager always of the parts utilized and any other repair carried out to the plant equipment’s
- Ensuring lubricants and other liquid solution are filled to the right quantity
- Carry out fabrication/rebuilding and welding repairs as necessary with minimum cost but effectively.
- Carry out tests and repair of injector nozzles, Injector pumps, air systems and engine components.
- Carry out protective maintenance of the assets.
- Open Job cards for every service request raised
- Keep proper records of the consumed parts from the spares store
- Supervise and offer guidance to the assistant plant mechanics.
- Will perform and carry out any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
· Have Job cards closed in good time.
· Repair is done in time to avoid inconveniencing operations of the infrastructure project.
· Inform the office on the need for replenishment of the spare parts stock.
· Plant equipment’s are well maintained and up to standard
· Maintain proper service records and share with the workshop manager
· Diploma or equivalent in plant mechanic
· Relevant experience in a busy plant workshop
· Having worked for an infrastructure project would be an added advantage.
· Experience in spare parts management
· Computer literate.
Skills and Competencies
· Good knowledge of English and Arabic
· Fluent in reading and writing in English
· Sensitive in handling and disposing documents which may be important.
· Reliable and good in organizational skills
Please send your cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meets the Person Specification along with your CV and academic certificates to HR AAH-I/ UNHCR Logistics Base, Juba through firstname.lastname@example.org or Submit your hard copy application to AAH-I/ UNCHR Logistic Base near JIT Supermarket before 27th June, 2019.