Organization: Gender Resources Inc.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The US Agency for International Development Iraq (USAID) Iraq Governance Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is designed to assist the Government of Iraq (GOI) at central and provincial levels to be more responsive, inclusive, equitable, and accountable in the delivery of public services to all its citizens including members of vulnerable groups. Because IGPA aims to improve service delivery, enhance public financial management, and strengthen the monitoring and oversight of both, a solid analysis of what the landscape of public service delivery, gender equality and social inclusion looks like in Iraq is critical for designing and implementing technical assistance interventions to contribute to strengthening the social contract between Iraqi citizens and their government. Given the pattern of weak service provision across Iraq, the IGPA gender analysis is designed to determine the extent to which the quality of public service delivery correlates with citizens’ membership in a vulnerable social group specifically women, youth, internally displaced persons (IDPS), people living with a disability (PWD), and ethnic or religious minorities.
The Gender Responsive Budgeting Specialist will coordinate and support gender responsive budgeting programming, including a feasibility assessment to identify the requirements for implementing a pilot gender responsive budgeting program in a select Iraq province. The Specialist will report to the Director of Equality and Inclusion, and coordinate with the IGPA team in Iraq.
- Assist the Senior Advisor to conduct a feasibility assessment for a pilot gender responsive budgeting program in a province or government unit identified by IGPA and prepare a report
- Coordinate the design and implementation of a Gender Responsive Budget Pilot in assigned province
- Meet with government officials in the select province to discuss needs and build support for the proposed pilot
- Coordinate closely with IGPA, the Women’s Empowerment Directorate, and/or the Kurdish High Council for Women’s Affairs
- Specialist BS, BA and 10 years of experience or Masters and 7 years experience,
- Senior Specialist BS, BA and 12 years of experience or Masters degree and 10 years of experience
- Proven knowledge of Gender Responsive Budgeting principles and standards, and a track record of successful implementation
- Proven experience with good governance programming in Iraq
- Proven experience with gender programming in Iraq
- Strong event coordination and facilitation skills
- Experience in design, development, management, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
- Commitment to equality and rights ideals for women, minorities, and vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of relevant software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other MS-based editing and document layout-out applications
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity to work well with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Initiative, problem solving skills, and drive to implement new ideas
- Ability to interact with senior management and GOI government officials
- Fluency in English and Arabic required. Fluency in Kurdish strongly desired
- Willingness to travel to Iraqi governates, including Basra and Nineveh
To apply, please visit GRI’s Jobs Board: