Organization: Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion
Closing date:28 Sep 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION – Mission
The Senior Supply Chain Officer, participate in defining, planning and monitoring logistics activities and programs in accordance with HI protocols. S/he coordinates human and material resources needed to contribute to the proper development of the logistic and optimize the impact of the projects. Carry out purchases of a supply, office analysing market sources, and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply & delivery of all sorts of goods, services & works, while guaranteeing best quality and pricing for HI goods and commodities, and ensuring the proper procedures, efficiency, coordination, tracking, followup, archiving & accountability. Control and monitor of Stock Management & Assets Management, ensuring that storage & management are carried out under optimum conditions as well as the in and outs and repairs and are according to HI protocols, granting efficiency and accountability.
Responsibility 1: Supervise and monitor on purchasing for project and support service within the site respecting HI Logistics & Supply Chain Management procedures and policies
Aim: To coordinate, supervise and monitor on the program’s needs for materials, equipment and services
Benchmarks: compliance with supply management procedures, security of supply; quality of purchases, transport of merchandise.
Responsibility 2: Ensure the general stock management
Aim: To supervise sufficient means for the smooth-running of the programme.
Benchmarks: rate of servicing of other technical equipment in general; existence of stock & medical equipment management procedures.
Responsibility 3: Ensure the correct management of technical equipment.
Aim: To ensure the site has the means necessary for its smooth running.
Benchmarks: computer equipment and software adapted to the site’s needs; data security (back-ups), rate of servicing for computer equipment and for other equipment; existence of equipment management procedure.
Responsibility 4: Conduct and update HI assets and equipment in the country office including the storages and 7 houses occupied by expatriate staff in Mae Sot, 2 guesthouses (Umphang and Mae Towla), and in HI premises namely projects’ facilities in 9 refugee camps.
Aim: To ensure HI Log Procedures are met in terms of (bi)annual physical inventory check.
Benchmark: effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of the Logistics procedures; efficient use
of the organization’s resources, respect of reporting deadlines; quality of reporting.
Specific missions: In addition, the Senior Supply Chain Officer may be requested undertaking any other duty that is considered necessary for the well-running of the service requested by her/his line manager.
Qualification required / DESIRED PROFILE:
Higher degree/diploma in Supply Chain Management, logistics, procurement or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of logistics and supply chain experience.
- Experiences in stock & assets management.
- Experience working with NGOs, civil society organization especially those working along Thai-Burma border will be an advantage.
- Experience working in refugee camp and especially Burmese refugees along Thai-Burma border will be an advantage.
Behavior: Active listening, sense of negotiation, self-initiative, adaptation skills, reactive skills.
Technical Skills & Cross Cutting Skills:
- Good level of written, reading and spoken English and Thai a must;
- Knowledge of Karen and/or Burmese will be an advantage;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally);
- Ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Cultural sensitivity, adaptability, willingness to travel;
- Ability to use the Microsoft Word, Excel, email and web searches.
Remuneration: starting salary from 25,717 THB depending on a candidate background and experience.
We offer also: nice working environment; 20 days of annual leave with 15 days of Bank holidays; health, social and life insurance; phone-card credit; bonus at the end of a year (13th salary after the first year of employment); seniority of 2% after the 1st year of employment; training possibilities.
Start preferably: As soon as possible with duration of 12 months renewable.
• Please send all applications (Letter of interest, CV, copy of Thai ID/ passport & educational certificate) email@example.com@hi.org
• In the “Subject” line of the email please write “Senior Supply Chain Officer”
• IMPORTANT: In the content of the CV please outline responsibilities and tasks from previous & current work.