Organization:Mines Advisory Group
South East Asia Programmes
MAG expects to have a number of senior technical roles available in the near future in the South-East Asia region, locations to be confirmed. MAG has a number of programmes across South and South East Asia, with a range of projects currently being implemented.
MAG saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
The successful candidate/s will have experience of the following:
· Five to ten years of progressive experience in mine action operations in different countries/regions
· Substantial operational exposure to survey and clearance operations
· Experience with the development and delivery of training courses or in capacity development of local counterparts
· Exposure to mines/ERW task management and prioritization including monitoring and evaluation
· Knowledge of Information management systems, including IMSMA
· Capacity and flexibility to review and develop new/improved approaches/ standards to survey and clearance
· Experience and competence in project management
· Fluent English verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and constructively with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse cultures
· Commitment to the continuous improvement of individual and organization-wide results
· Proven team-player with service-minded attitude
We invite candidates to register an interest in being considered for these potential upcoming positions. Possible locations and specific roles will be discussed with shortlisted candidates at interview, as well as the specific reward package and terms and conditions.
To register your interest in this role, please visit the MAG website athttps://www.maginternational.org/work-for-us/senior-technical-roles-south-east-asia/as soon as possible.