Small Scale Support Grants for India NGOs
The Dutch government has set up a Small Scale Support Program (SSSP) to support projects in countries with which the Netherlands does not have a development cooperation relationship, such as India.
Through the embassies, contributions are made to strengthen the capacity of local NGOs and to implement their projects.
Based on the policy letter “Justice and Respect for all” of the Dutch government, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands primarily seeks to partner with local organizations working in one of the following focus areas:
- Equal rights for women, focused on political participation and prevention of violence against women
- Freedom of Religion and Belief
- Equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTI)
- Business and human rights
- Freedom of Expression Given India’s vast geography, organizations operating in all the states of India can apply.Criteria
The Embassy receives a large number of project applications whereas the funds available are sufficient to support a limited number of projects.
To ensure the application process is conducted in a transparent manner, a few guidelines have been laid out.
Organizations applying for funding should first and foremost comply with the following criteria, namely:
- The project must aim to improve/ contribute to at least one of the above mentioned focus areas.
- The applicant must fulfil all legal obligations under Indian law (including but not limited to the regulations under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
- The applicant should preferably be a local organization, although Dutch and international organizations are, in principle, also eligible for funding.
- Applications can only be submitted in English. Applications which do not adhere to the word limit will not be considered.
- Please submit a clear budget proposal with breakdown alongwith the project proposal.Non-Eligibility
Projects that are not eligible for funding under the SSSP are the following:
- Humanitarian aid;
- Activities that are primarily motivated by a commercial interest;
- Projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. feasibility studies, research, etc.
- Projects that exclusively or largely include the delivery of goods or materials;
- Infrastructural or construction projects;
- Activities replicating the previous projects.Apply by 31st January.
For more information and application details, see; Small Scale Support Grants for India NGOs