Expression of Interest – Niger and Burkina Faso
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for an anticipated USAID/Senegal and Sahel Regional Office (SRO) call for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration and learning support to USAID resilience programming in the Sahel region, targeting Niger and Burkina Faso. The MEL platform is expected to reinforce resilience and growth through shared learning among host government and development institutions and practitioners. To provide quality MEL services, we seek a qualified Chief of Party candidate to oversee the provision of MEL, CLA, capacity building and knowledge management assistance across the Sahel region with focus on Niger and Burkina Faso.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position
The Chief of Party will run the MEL project. He or she will work with USAID/Senegal and the Sahel Regional Office to:
- Lead client relations with USAID/Senegal’s program office, technical offices, and front office;
- Set the strategic and tactical direction of the MEL platform;
- Oversee the execution and delivery of technical MEL work, organizational learning, organizational capacity development, and knowledge management under the contract;
- Oversee the project’s financial and administrative operations;
- Assure the quality of the services provided under the contract;
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the contract, including the timely submission of quality deliverables including work plans, the MEL plan, evaluations and assessments, and financial reports;
- Meet with the USAID Contract Officer’s Representative to collaboratively coordinate priorities and work;
- Coordinate with SoCha’s home office as required; and
- Champion process improvement, change, and capacity enhancements in MEL.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- A Masters degree in a relevant inter-disciplinary area such as applied Social Sciences, Organizational Sciences such as Industrial/Applied Psychology, Development Economics, or Management and Evaluation
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience working on donor-funded projects;
- A minimum of five years of experience working overseas, preferably in the Sahel region;
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects;
- Proven experience managing multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects;
- Understanding of how MEL improves USAID’s programs;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in French and English;
- Demonstrated experience liaising with high-level private and public sector representatives.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to newly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational learning, knowledge management and adaptive management
- Demonstrated experience managing multicultural and diverse teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of ADS requirements, the Program Cycle, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, the J2SR, Clear Choice, and other significant Agency initiatives required.
Location: Niger and Burkina Faso. The COP is expected to reside in Niger. International and Local offerors are encouraged to apply. **
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/sahel_cop/
Applications close on 2 March 2021, application review will be on a rolling basis.