Based in Nairobi, Kenya – Global Services Hub
Report to the Impact Malaria Sr Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The US Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria project is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria diagnosis and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor. PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
· Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner.
· Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country’s unique malaria situation.
· Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) team is a results-focused, multi-disciplined and multi-cultured team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI and UCSF.
Population Services International (PSI), thanks to the PMI Impact Malaria (IM) project, seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in supervision and management of routine health data monitoring systems for the position of Senior DHIS2 Program Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with teams from two different global departments to provide technical guidance and supervision relating to DHIS2 (the Impact Malaria project management information system) and other Digital Health initiatives. The role will work closely with the IM HQ M&E team, Health Area Monitoring Advisor for the PSI’s Malaria Department and the Sr DHM Program Manager/Deputy Director Monitoring. The main focus will be supervising a dedicated team to ensure timely and quality implementation of activities related to digital health for the Impact Malaria project, and to support troubleshooting, general system administration, analytics and dashboard development, maintenance and promotion of use of complex configuration of program monitoring systems in DHIS2. The position will also provide capacity building of DHIS2 Specialists, DHIS2 Officers, MIS Officers and Country System Admins across IM country offices.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
Supervise and coordinate a dedicated team to provide timely and quality implementation of digital health activities
· Lead the IM staff working on digital health activities for the project (Systems Specialists, MIS Officer and Digital Solutions Consultant)
· Ensure planning and execution of IM digital health activities in line with the project workplans by coordinating technical resources to meet project deliverables**
· Act as the focal point to the Impact Malaria team within PSI’s Digital Health and Monitoring (DHM) Department to provide updates and reports on implementation of activities **
· Offer technical oversight and guidance to the team in the areas of DHIS2 and other digital health tool and other initiatives **
· Offer technical guidance in terms of best practices in the digital health space, as well as PSI’s digital strategy**
Provide technical oversight in the areas of DHIS2 and other digital health initiatives
· Supervise configuration of multi-country and complex program monitoring systems in DHIS2 meeting organizational standards, in both desktop and mobile DHIS2 (Data sets, Event and Tracker Programs, Indicators, Program indicators, management of Users, User groups, Org Units and Org Units Groups, etc)
· Supervise system administration, maintenance, configuration support, analytics and dashboard development of the Impact Malaria project monitoring system, digital supportive supervision tools and any other digital tools to be developed, including supervision to troubleshooting and technical assistance to Country System Admins and IM DHIS2 Officers
· Provide technical oversight to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support evidence-based decision-making through the DHIS2 Interpretations app and Data-to-Action approaches, as well as to improve data quality through ensuring data quality standards and validation checks
Provide capacity building support in DHIS2
· Support capacity building of DHIS2 Officer, DHIS2 Specialist, MIS Officer, IM Country System Admins, M&E Officers and other project staff to effectively interpret and use DHIS2 and other digital health initiatives for the Impact Malaria project
· Support maintenance and use of capacity building resources and platforms to maximize long-term sustainability of capacity building efforts
What are we looking for?
· Degree in Epidemiology, Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Health Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field
· At least 5 years of experience in managing complex public health information systems
· Proven experience supervising team of MIS/digital health/ HIS technical experts for public health programs; experience developing workplans
· Proven experience in project management (developing workplans, timelines and budgets)
· Experience overseeing development, roll out and capacity building related to digital health tools
· Good working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) , particularly on M&E plans/performance monitoring plans, indicators, and systems to support programmatic decision-making
· Proven experience working with DHIS2 on system configuration, maintenance and use
· Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
· Excellent coordination, organizational and multitasking capabilities and keeping a team on track to meet deadlines
· Nice-to-have: Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
· Nice-to-have: Experience working on USAID funded projects
· Preferred: working proficiency in French
How to apply
• All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
• Status: contingent upon funding and approval through Sept 2021 with the possibility of extension
• Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than Nov 23rd, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject: Sr DHIS2 Program Manager
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
• The service is expected to start in DEC 2020
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.