Reports to:** Managing Director, Research Program Manager
Position Summary:** SREO Consulting is looking for a technical specialist with expertise in socio-economic stabilization in post-conflict contexts. The Stabilization Specialist will support SREO’s research portfolio on post-conflict recovery and stabilization in Iraq. He/she will ensure the research project is managed responsibly and will oversee the research team’s progress towards achieving project goals. The Stabilization Specialist will work on a project basis and will largely be responsible for providing technical guidance, designing research methodology and data collection tools, overseeing field data collection, data analysis and developing research products and reports. The position works closely with the Research Program Manager and Managing Director.
Responsibilities & Duties:**
· Provide technical support to SREO’s projects on recovery and stabilization-related research in Iraq and other post-conflict contexts including large-scale evaluation projects;
· Design qualitative and quantitative research methodologies for assigned projects;
· Design, review and edit a wide range of data collection tools;
· Support Research Program Manager in client communication and presenting findings to clients;
· Coordinate with SREO’s field teams in Iraq and oversee data collection;
· Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Managing Director and/or Research Program Manager.
Qualifications & Skills:**
· Master’s degree in a relevant field (Political Science, Public Policy/Administration, Development/Rural Development Studies, Economics, International Relations, Peace and Conflict studies) required;
· 3-5 years of experience working on socio‐economic stabilization and early recovery issues in post‐conflict environments. Experience on post‐conflict infrastructure rehabilitation for priority basic service delivery and emergency livelihood programming to support a process of return would be an added advantage;
· Demonstrated experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming in post-conflict stabilization and early recovery projects;
· Strong understanding of the socio‐economic dynamics and international development response in Iraq highly preferred;
· Demonstrated capacity to deliver quality planning, research, and evaluation in humanitarian/post-conflict contexts;
· Excellent coordination, organizational, leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
· Experience managing multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural research teams;
· UN Experience highly preferred;
· Excellent English-language writing and presentation skills required. Arabic language skills would be an added advantage;
· Ability to work under pressure with strict adherence to deadlines.
How to apply
Interested candidates must sendtheir CV, cover letter and a relevant writing sampleto email@example.com. Writing samples are recommended to be 5-10 pages of an analytical piece (can be an excerpt) on a topic relevant to the position that demonstrates analysis, clear and organized writing free of grammatical errors. Any questions concerning this position can also be directed to this address.
SREO Consulting is an independent, no-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation consultancy headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Iraq, Syria, Tunisia, and Washington DC. SREO was founded in 2013 and provides M&E and research services to the public sector, international development institutions, INGOs/ NGOs and private companies. Our mission is to inform the development of effective strategies for stakeholders and donors engaged in humanitarian responses in the Middle East and North Africa.