Seefar is looking for a communications intern to help manage and implement migration communications campaigns in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe. This is a paid full-time internship for six months. You can live wherever you like. You will need to be available to start immediately to be considered for the role, and to be fluent in written and spoken English and/or French.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in migration, justice and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
To get a sense of our strategic communications activities, please visit http://seefar.org/services/strategic-communications/.
To get a sense of the issues we work on at Seefar, please visit https://seefar.org/themes/.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role.
- In collaboration with communications colleagues, support the implementation of various projects, ensuring they meet donor expectations
- In line with our online and social media campaign plans, create and post website and social media content
- Liaise with local consultants as needed to generate and translate website and social media content
- Monitor website and social media metrics
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings
- Support in team administrative tasks, such as updating budgets, submitting purchase orders, updating project trackers, etc.
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Help to develop and expand photo library
- Support the development of communication materials
- Make recommendations to the team and implement approved recommendations to improve website and social media content
- Other SC tasks as required
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have the following experience and capacities:
- A relevant undergraduate degree as a minimum
- Experience of, or exposure to, managing wordpress websites and Facebook accounts
- Ability to write in English and/or French for a variety of different platforms and audiences
- Proficiency in wordpress coding, graphic design or video editing is desirable.
- Outstanding attention to detail
Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Relevant university degree
- Experience of working with digital communication platforms
- Exceptional English writing skills and/or French
- Effective prioritisation skills and highly productive
On or before 21 April 2019, complete our online application form.
Before you start, you should do the following:
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form.
- One paragraph on what you hope to get out of a Strategic Communications internship at Seefar
- One to two paragraphs describing your communications skill set and relevant work experience.