Save the Children is seeking to contract one International Consultant:
* To finalize the training modules for alternative care and child protection related staff;
* To develop a guideline on Family Strengthening interventions with guidance on processes, indicators and impact measurement for social and child protection professionals;
* To support/advice the CO’s CP staff on how to measure the GoA implementation of the UN Guidelines on Alternative Care (based on the online tool developed);
* To support the CO’s CP staff on the documentation of alternative care intervention;
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Expertise in Alternative Care, Foster Care policy, procedures and practices;
* Extensive experience in development and conducting capacity building on Social; Services staffs on dealing with Foster Care;
* Experience in working with Foster Parents evaluation and capacity building;
* Expertise in child development and effects of institutionalization in healthy development;
* Expertise in family strengthening programming and interventions
* Very good facilitation and communications skills;
* Very good planning and time management skills;
* Experience working with a child focused organization is an asset;
The candidate are required to provide their daily fee for the service. Cost of transportation and travel cost in Albania will be supported from Save the Children in Albania.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
All applications should be submitted as PDF or MS Word attachments in a single e-mail by close of business June 27th, 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.