The University of California (UCSF) Global Programs for Research & Training seeks a candidate with experience in study coordination, including qualitative and quantitative data collection.
The study coordinator will work closely with the study investigators. Duties will include: overseeing daily on-site implementation of all study activities including facility engagement, data collection and study staff supervision. He/she will provide technical, administrative and logistical support including IRB approval applications, pre-testing and refining tools, coordinating training, data collection, data analysis, study documentation and ensuring protocol adherence before, during and after the survey. He/she will maintain constant communication and provide regular updates to study investigators and implement feedback. This position requires a one-year commitment with the potential for extension at the end of the period, subject to funding availability.
- Bachelors degree in public health, community health or related degree
- Experience in study coordination
- Experience in data collection; both qualitative and quantitative
- Experience in preparing training material, conducting training for field research and supervision of study teams
- Excellent organizational, logistical, analytic and self-management skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate and manage strong relationships with local partners, facility staff, etc.
- Ability to be a creative and responsive problem solver
- Ability to work in a fluid and demanding environment
- Ability to work in a team; leading, building and motivating team members
- Experience in HIV/AIDS surveillance is preferred
Qualified Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following:
· Cover letter
· Current CV with names and telephone numbers for three referees
· Salary history
Applications must be sent by email to HR.Kenya@ucglobalprograms.org with the email subject Study Coordinator by**, September 30, 2018.**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.