Organization: UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, inspire
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Work for UNICEF: https://youtu.be/43aiG4w2q_M?t=2
How can you make a difference?
Under supervisor of the Supply and Logistics Specialist, to assist procurement activities as per UNICEF ACO requirements.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Upon receipt of purchase requisitions (PR) and sales orders (SO) and /or TOR, the terms and conditions for required services, review and check on specifications, evaluations criteria, budget availability, delivery terms and delivery time. For purchase requisitions & Sales Orders, ensure, copy of AWP, government request, distribution and the stock report are obtained.
- After receiving authorized PR/SO or approved terms and references for required services, check if LTA or other modalities (e.g. single source procurement for standardization etc of procurement are available and if not, to prepare (draft) solicitation documents, i.e. ITB, RFP and RFQ depending on the nature of requirements. Ensure the specifications tally with requirements and prepare invitee list from available source list. After solicitation documents are signed by authorized officer, ensure timely distribution and opening. After opening, to do tabulation and prepare CRC submission, which will be finalized by presenter, (e.g. Supply and Logistics Manger, Supply and Logistics Specialist.
- Prepare (draft) obligation documents, i.e. purchase order for supplies and contract for services. Ensure authorized obligation documents are signed by UNICEF designated officer and supplier / contractor.
- To follow up on timely delivery of supplies and services (if the contract is administrated operations). When is it necessary, arrange quality inspection with UNICEF assigned inspection company. After delivery from supplier / contractor, obtain evaluation report and to record suppliers performance.
- To maintain source list and assist market survey for updating the supplier master database. Record performance evaluations of suppliers / contractor listed in the source list.
- To monitor status of requisitions / terms of references without procurement action on regular basis. To monitor status of obligations if they are on track with timely delivery. These monitoring should be recorded based on UNICEF standard database.
- Ensure filing supply transactions, documents, requisition, and contract are properly maintained and up to date.
- To draft the itemized BOQs, and scrutinizing calculations of BOQs, for construction related activities.
- To provide administrative support to the section, and performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of high school is required. Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or any other related field is an advantage.
Minimum five years of experience in supply chain operations, especially procurement activities involving bidding and receipt of goods.For candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree 4 years of experience is required and those candidates with a Master’s degree 2 years of experience will be required
Language: Proficiency in written and spoken English, Dari and/or Pashto is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
i) Core Values (Required)
- Core Values
- Diversity and inclusion
- Core Competencies
- Drive for Results
- Working with people
- Functional Competencies
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and organizing
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Remarks: Only attested education degrees from accredited universities will be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516018