Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
Objective 1: Purchase items needed by the programs in line with Action Against Hunger and donor procurement procedures/rules and follow up the delivery till the final destination
· Carryout procurement activities following and respecting Action Against Hunger procurement procedures according to thresholds and standards and best value for money using Action Against Hunger Supply chain software (LINK).
· In collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator ensure the update of the catalogue (price list, supplier) on quarterly basis through regular quotations or call for interests.
· Collect the orders from the capital and bases, and update the Procurement follow-up (PFU).
· Prepare monthly purchase forecast based on the procurement planning tool and pending orders.
· Inform different departments about the process of their orders through the weekly Procurement follow up report.
· Supervise the procurement (quality price/procedures) and ensure Action Against Hunger procedures are respected.
· Work closely with mechanical driver for the vehicle/motorcycle etc. Spare part procurement,
· Follow the loading and delivery of Items in the trucks and report any problems to the Logistics Coordinator, supplier, and share information with the logs bases.
· Duringloading, ensure that all materiel or equipment is well packed and secured.
· Ensure that all document are submitted at the bases with the delivery: copy of PO, copy of invoice, a delivery note, technical doc if there, copy of ID card (if equipment delivered is part of asset equipment list)
Objective 2; Maintain logistic databases and communication tools:
· Update the Procurement follow up (PFU) and send to bases and departments every Friday before close of business.
· Maintain the procurement files with all documentation and reference numbers as required by Action Against Hunger standards and donor files (Supplier Purchase orders, contracts, Regional /Headquarter Order, Price list and catalogue) and update the Contract Follow Up.
· Support the logistic team as required and do other assignments as directed by the logistics coordinator
Objective 3; Prepare Monthly Payment of suppliers
· Coordinate with finance department to ensure timely payment of suppliers.
· Track the outstanding payments to suppliers and notify the admin department on a weekly basis
· Provide monthly purchase forecast to Finance department based on the procurement planning tool and pending orders
Objective 4 ; Reporting:
· Prepare procurement weekly update of Procurement Follow Up
· Prepare Field visit report for IT & Procurement,
· Monthly SITREP
· Cash forecast
· Monthly Logistics report (consolidated the mission PFU)
· Monthly IT report
· In collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator and programs team work on monthly update of Supply plan.
· In collaboration with Logistics Coordinator, work on Purchase Procurement Plan and Supplier plan during the proposal.
Objective 5; Perform other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor
· Act as a back up for logistics team during leave and absence
· Build capacity of the procurement team in the field and capital office
· Review and set performance objectives for the procurement team under his/her supervision
You are enthusiastically pursuing a career in senior management
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/procurement. A master’s degree will be an added advantage
· You have a minimum of 4 years’ humanitarian work in an emergency and/or a development context
· You have at least 2 years of senior management experience
· You have advance knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures (ECHO, EU, SIDA, DFID, BPRM, GAC and others.)
· You have good management, communication, teamwork spirit, capacity building and report writing;
· You have ability to work independently when necessary, set realistic goals, and work within agreed timelines.
· You have ability to communicate and perform within an international and multicultural team.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to support, motivate, and train staff.
· Excellent written and spoken English · You have strong ability to work under pressure
*In this position, you are expected to demonstrate **Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core values***
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating
What we offer.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
· Health Insurance for you and your dependants
· Resettlement allowance (One off payment)
· Hardship allowance (Context Based )
· Starting gross salary UGX 4,200,000
· Paid annual leave (vacation)
· 13th month pay
· Group Personal Accident
· Training opportunities
Interested? Send your application to; firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants must attach a cover letter and an updated resume in one file attachment (Word or PDF). Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Closing date for applications is 31st March 2019.