Brief Summary Description of Project:
Since 2006 Mercy Corps has been working in Jordan to address causes of tension with infrastructure support (e.g. rehabilitation of water, schools, and health clinics) and promote social cohesion by developing stronger communities by equipping community leaders, civil society actors including youth and community-based organizations (CBOs) , and local government representatives with the skills necessary to identify and respond to sources of tension, whilst facilitating positive interactions and collaboration.
The influx of more than 635,324 registered Syrian refugees is one of the greatest challenges facing Jordan today. Given the protracted nature of the Syrian war, the Syrian refugee crisis is likely to remain an ongoing and potentially permanent challenge for the Jordanian economy and social landscape. More than 80% of Syrians refugees live among host communities, rather than in official refugee camps. This has placed an enormous strain on the country, and its youth in particular, as they struggle to find jobs and economic opportunities in a context of rising prices. This is compounded by poor or expensive access to housing, water, energy, healthcare, education, and growing dissatisfaction with local government public services.
The quality of life in host communities most affected by the Syrian refugee crisis is declining, particularly in so-called poverty pockets that were impoverished even before the crisis began (both rural and urban). As a consequence, public infrastructure including schools, health centers, roads, and water and wastewater networks are overwhelmed
- Mercy Corps intends to issue a Fixed Price contract to one or several company(ies) or organization(s). The successful offeror(s) shall be required to adhere to the statement of work and terms and conditions of the resulting contract. By submitting an offer, offerors certify that they understand and agree to all of the terms and clauses contained in attachment 2-Purchase Contract Template.
- Supplier should submit samples for each item after awarding & upon request fromMC staff.
- All submitted samples will bechecked andapproved by MC and relevant ministry before delivery.
- All curtains’dimensions in the Attachment 3 –Price Offer Sheet are estimation only;supplier willtake actual measurements on site after awarding and share it with MC and relevant ministry before proceeding in installation.
- This contract will be re-measured contract, supplier to be paid for actual quantities only.
- Warranties should be issued in the name of the Ministry of Healthfor each project as follows:
- Warranty of a minimum of one year for the Zebra Blinds and Cubical Curtainsshould be provided.
- Warranty of minimum of five years for Cubicle CurtainsTracksshould be provided.
- Warranty of minimum of two years for all Bedding Itemsshould be provided.
- Warranty of a minimum of one year for IV Polesshould be providedWarranties should be issued in the name of the Ministry of Educationfor each project as follows:
- Warranty of a minimum of one year for the Zebra Blindsshould be provided.
- Warranties should be issued in the name of the Ministry of Youthfor each project as follows: oWarranty of a minimum of one year for the Zebra Blindsshould be provided.
- This tender consistsof two categories of items; first one is curtain and second one is bedding, the evaluation process will be basedon two lots of items in which the bidder has the option to quote for one or two lots based on their specialty.
- Prospective bidders will have the option to quote for partial or all quantities/items (partial bidding is allowed).
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to award each LOT to a different bidder individually.
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to award all or part of the quantitieslisted in the BOQ for each LOT.
Deadline for offer submission: Thursday, December 10 , 2020 till 10:00 am (Amman Time)
Softcopy submission must besent onlyto the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.orgAny offer sent to another email address will be disregarded.
- Submission:Only Electronic submission is allowed for the offers, offers should be submitted via email to the Email address (email@example.com), the bidder must follow the following arrangement/methodwhen submitting their offers(electronically ):