Closing date: 16 Sep 2018
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security. This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2017, CARE worked in 93 countries and reached 62 million people directly through its development and humanitarian assistance programs, and 216 million people indirectly through advocacy, scale up and innovations. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us
Scope of work
Support ongoing Regional Organization and Leadership Development.
Recognizing the scale of poverty and social injustice across the world, CARE is taking bold steps to grow significantly its presence and impact globally. CARE will increase the size of its programme to 43 Million people reached in East, Central and Southern Africa by end of FY20, and, over the period increase its spend to US$2 billion.
As the largest region reached by CARE programming, the East, Central and Southern Africa Region (ECSA) has a significant role to play to deliver these plans. As a Regional Leadership Team, we are taking our own bold steps to contribute to the whole.
This Regional Road Map outlines the five main initiatives by which CARE in this region will triple its programme, increase programme quality, raise the reputation of the organization, invest in partnerships and alliances, and change internally in significant ways in order to do and to ensure the longer-term sustainability of the organization. This is by no means a static process, and the Roadmap will continue to be a dynamic document with regular review on resources and actions required.
A consultant is required for:
Regional Leadership Team development:
• Support to the process of developing the ECSA RLT to its next level (2020 Road Map). Link historical Road map progress to future planning.
• Facilitation of an Regional Leadership Team meeting (1 for FY19) to bring in different leadership and content aspects together
Women’s leadership focus:
• Advisory input to the creation and design of a program to support high potential African Women to develop their leadership impact and influence.
• Facilitate workshops targeting potential African women leaders
Senior Management Development and support:
• Targeted support to the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director Program Quality to help develop the roles and performance of the Managing Deputy Regional Directors to drive and deliver tangible results in FY19
• Regular coaching and mentoring to the Regional Director
Regional Management Team support:**
• Facilitation of Regional Management Team retreat (2 in FY19)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should include the following;
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page) and updated CV’s of all study team members
- Technical proposal: Which should include (i) brief explanation about the Consultant with particular emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work; (ii) profile of the Consultant to be involved in undertaking the evaluation, (iii) Understanding of the TOR and the task to be accomplished.
- Financial Proposal All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th September 2018.