JOB TITLE: Support Services Coordinator
LOCATION: Kabul, Afghanistan
DURATION: 6 months with possibility of extension
ABOUT RI: Relief International is a nonprofit organization whose sole mission is to reduce human suffering. We respond to natural disasters, humanitarian emergencies and chronic poverty. We are non-sectarian and non-political. With legal standing both in the United States as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization and in the United Kingdom as a registered Charity, Relief International has a global board of directors who bring an informed perspective to the communities we serve. We work in 19 countries across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Relief International seamlessly blends humanitarian and development efforts so every program resolves immediate issues while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work for them — and for generations to come.
POSITION SUMMARY: RI is seeking a Support Services Coordinator in Afghanistan who will be responsible for overseeing Human Resources & Operations support departments. He/she will manage department heads, ensure policy compliance, and oversee timely recruitment and procurement. The Support Services Coordinator is expected to contribute to high levels of teamwork and inter-departmental and cross-sectorial collaboration. This position is based in Kabul (Afghanistan), with a significant portion of time spent visiting field locations (where possible up to 30% travel) and providing support to RI’s Afghanistan Team Leader and Country CDs. He/she will be a member of RI’s SMT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop procurement plans and ensure the timely delivery of goods and services to support the effective and quality implementation of grant and projects.
- Manage Kabul-based and field-based logistics support staff, providing technical guidance throughout procurement process.
- Establish regular check ins with provincial offices and Logistics Staff at the field about stock levels, inventories, and service agreements to avoid stock outs and/or lapses
- Coordinate the procurement cycle across the country office with all stakeholders (program, finance, sponsorship, Human Resources and Administration, etc.) from the planning stage, to contracting until delivery.
- Coordinate inventory and asset management
- Oversee the administration functions especially as they relate to rental agreements, visas and registration.
- Support with legal registrations of assets and required reporting to relevant line ministries at the field level
- Develop/update a “government engagement” tracker to ensure regular operational coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that all digital data and information needs of operations and program teams are catered for.
- Oversee procurement and operations processes, and ensure compliance with donors and RI policies
- Provide leadership to the human resources and administration team and ensure the application of best practices and adherence to national and state level NGO and other relevant compliance regulations.
- Ensure proper functioning of the HR department and necessary support to all sectors and teams.
- Oversee the development/review of HR policies, guidelines and processes.
- Ensure recruitment, staff planning, training needs assessments and plans are carried out to meet the needs of all departments.
- Oversee recruitment process and timeline, creating clear schedules for recruitment duration from start to finish, and setting high quality standards for documentation and HR files
- Coordinate closely with Finance to ensure timely collection/receipt of timesheets, and establish/maintain a close working relationship with finance to process payroll before the end of each month
- Ensure RI Afghanistan HR policy compliance, and instill a “one team” approach through the ongoing integration and roll out of RI and MRCA systems and policies
- Provide orientation, and serve as trainer on Safe guarding and Code of Conduct
- Oversee recruitment and human resources processes, and ensure compliance with donors and RI policies
- Ensure RI is linked via all inter-agency HR & Operations coordination lists and fora to ensure RI presence in the INGO community within the countries of operation.
- Liaises with local UN & inter-agency security personnel on operational matters for country programs; advises Country Director and RD as well as GSO Global Security on operations & HR issues; provides induction briefings and updates for RI staff and visitors.
- Serve as focal point with Regional Operations Coordinator and Regional HR Manager.
- Other duties as advised
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar role and responsibilities
- Proven ability in operations, and/or HR in an unstable and insecure environment. Previous experiences managing operations throughout humanitarian crisis/emergencies an added advantage.
- Based on the profile of the applicant, we may add responsibilities for safety, security and access management; therefore people with safety and security management skills and experience are encouraged to apply.
- Effective technical/instructional skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks independently
- Strong leadership and communication (interpersonal, verbal and written) skills
- Excellent computer skills with solid knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment necessary
- Ability to travel up to 30%
This is position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan with frequent trips to possible High Risk locations.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply
Please apply on following link.