About the role
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The purpose of the overall consultancy is to develop and roll out a structured supervision approach for Boma Health Workers as part of the Boma Health Initiative (South Sudan’s national community health policy). This work will be undertaken in phases, with each separate phase building off the previous one and tendered out separately.
The objectives of this phase are to:
- Develop an understanding of what has been, is currently being undertaken in the supportive supervision space through a review global published and grey
- To gain insights on what platforms have been used to conduct supportive supervision e.g. mHealth, paper-based, hybrid platforms.
- Make recommendations for a scalable, cost-effective supportive supervision solution for the Boma Health Initiative that is signed off by government.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Review global published and grey/programmatic literature on supportive supervision approaches for community health worker programmes
- Review platforms that are used by community health workers programmes for supportive supervision e.g. mHealth, paper-based, hybrid, other.
- Conduct key informant interviews with Boma Health Workers to understand what their supervision currently looks like and what would be helpful for them
- Conduct key informant interviews with MoH stakeholders, HPF3 implementing partners, UN agencies to understand needs
- Present findings of decision-making panel at a convened workshop
- Methodology for literature reviews
- Draft report detailing initial findings, interview questionnaires and structure of KIIs
- Workshop with decision makers conducted
- Final report plus annexes
- At least 10 years’ experience in public health
- Experience in scoping academic and programmatic literature
- Experience/understanding of mHealth platforms for community health
- Familiarity with the South Sudan.
- Proven experience of working with the donors that fund HPF, specifically DFID.
- Strong communication, group facilitation skills and cultural awareness.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.